Really Enjoying the NEW me

Jan K.
on 7/20/08 9:02 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Okay gang, I have been missing in action for some time now but I do try and read many of the posts and play catch up.  Anyway I decided to post because I am finally feeling really different in my new me and wanted to share.

I am having a blast this summer shopping and just trying on new clothes in size 8 and medium tops.  I actually don't mind looking at myself in a mirror when I am in a bathing suit. I sometimes do it just becuase I never really took the time to look at myself in a mirror before.  I used to run past them and only check things out when I had to.  I was never comfortable in my own skin!  Now I do my own double take and walk back and look again and I actually get in those three way mirrors that let you see from so many angels and sides.  I look good!  I look DAMN GOOD!  It's is so incredible to me. 

I have never ever been this size in my entire life and I absolutely LOVE it!  I am thoroughly enjoying myself this summer.  I have a tan this year because I don't mind wearing a bathing suit on a public beach.  I am wearing some really cute and young looking clothes.  And, I have to admit, I am feeling incredibly more feminine or at least I am enjoying wearing more fashionable clothing and accessories.  I don't know if it's my age, my new look or what but I have found myself wearing more attractive clothing and jewelry than I ever had in the past.  I guess what I am saying is that for the first time in my life I really don't mind drawing attention to myself and the way I look.  Now that's an incredible jump forward.  Don't get me wrong, I would have to say that in the appearnce area, I was always a free spirit about what people thought.  You know, like who gives a crap, but now not only don't I care what people think, I find myself dressing for me rather than for someone else or blending in.  Again, it's a great feeling!  It's a real freedom and a  tremendous release from simply trying to blend in or hide.

I guess my point here is to say that not only am I successing at this weight loss surgery, but I am also successing at feeling very alive, attractive and comfortable in how I look.  I don't think I realized until now how much I did not like how I looked in the past.  Lastly and most importantly, I feel the healthiest I have ever felt in my life.  I eat right, I exercise, and I just love what all of this is doing for me.  It has certainly made turning 50 a lot easier to accept and an age and place in my life to be very proud of.  I worked hard to get here and I can't wait to see how the next 50 go!

So for all you pre-op folks and new post-ops, incredible things are waiting for you!  It's a great ride and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Jan

Forgive me if a little too boastful but hell, it truly is an awesome time and awareness in my life because of WLS.
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Patricia R.
on 7/20/08 9:48 am - Perry, MI
Jan,
You sound fantastic, and I don't think you are too boastful at all.  Successing, is what this surgery is all about.  Keep up the great work.  Good to hear from you.  Don't be such a stranger.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Jan K.
on 7/20/08 10:09 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Hi Trish!

I really feel and am fantastic.  It is so unreal at time but is finally sinking in.  People from my hometime didn't know who I was and one friends said "my God!  Eat  donut or something, you're too skinny"!  That was amazing.

Jan

--Mahatma Ghandi 

Pam Hart
on 7/20/08 10:44 am - Easton, PA
Jan,

That wasn't a boastful post at all - you deserve all the happiness and wonders you are experiencing!!

I smiled at every single sentence of that post.  I'm not at the point where you quite are yet - although I have noticed that I do check myself out in the mirrors all the time now.  Many of the times are still related to ""This is hugging here" or "That is pulling here" to me - but there HAVE been times where I've said "wow - I look that good?!"

I never much cared about what people thought about how I looked.  Don't get me wrong - I didn't go out dressed as a slob, but I also didn't care about bathing suits and what not (although all of mine did have those little skirts on them because I didn't like my upper thighs - and they still do - just smaller skirts!) but I went out and wore them even at my heaviest.

I feel much more vein now, and sometimes I wonder if that's ok.  I don't like leaving the house in just "any old thing"  Jeans and an oversized t shirt used to be what I wore every day.  I still wear jeans often - but I wear fitted tops and dressier tops/shoes/accessories with them.  Today I was exhausted and pulled on a t shirt, shorts, and flip flops.  I didn't do my hair or makeup - just pulled it back, sprayed it down and left.  I was only doing laundry today at my parents house.  Yet - I felt like a slob.  I felt like I shouldn't even be at my parents house dressed like that.  It was an interesting feeling.  Where as 1 year ago - that would have been EXACTLY what I wore most days.

Thanks for shedding some light on the road further down and you continue to enjoy the exciting life you are living.  You definately don't look 50 and I am so glad you are having such a great time!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Jan K.
on 7/20/08 10:12 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Thanks Pam,

By the way, I still bomb around in shorts and a T, but I tend to wear colorful T's and yup, I will have on a matching watch or some different earrings.

It is so FUN.

Jan
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 

cleos_mom
on 7/20/08 10:54 am - phila., PA
Hi Jan
  I am so happy for you and you do look great.
MISS YOU
Susan
Jan K.
on 7/20/08 10:13 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Thank Susan,

You look pretty damn good yourself woman! 

Nice being at your pre-op support meeting.  I hope to make the August post op meeting.

Jan
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 

Shan08
on 7/20/08 11:28 am - the Skook, PA
You are very inspiring!
Thank you!!
Jan K.
on 7/20/08 10:15 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Thanks!  I owe my success on the inspiring people here too.  Folks like Nan, Heather, Mary Ivins . . . Keeping your eyes oin the prize and you'll get there if you aren't there yet!

Jan
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 

New_Beginnings_36
on 7/20/08 12:15 pm - PA

Jan, as a new post-op (almost 8wks out), thank you for sharing your very inspirational and heart-felt thoughts with all of us :) You look FABULOUS!! And I'm glad that you can see it and most importantly that you feel it!! {{hugs}}.........Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views