Females - increased fatigue?

Pam Hart
on 7/20/08 10:52 am - Easton, PA
Ok....I'm gonna throw this out there.

I know "that time of the month" has many of us dragging.  At least, it always has for me.  My mom is 1-2 days before and then the first day really really bad.  Mine has always been the first day for sure, sometimes the second day as well.

Today is the first day for me and my gawd....I slept last night.  I woke up did some work around the house and napped for 2 hours.  Did some more work and fell asleep for about 1/2 hour on the couch.  Went to my parents house did 7 loads of laundry and ate dinner and could easily crawl into bed right now for the night.

I'm exhausted and almost "weak" feeling.

I know I'm not anemic as I just had bloodwork done last week.  And I actually have repeat bloodwork tomorrow morning so I'll find out if I dropped at all for any reason.

Is it just that I don't remember being this tired, that I am naturally changing with my cycle, or do people find that the fatigue is worse after surgery?  I know my pain from this definately worsened early after surgery - but that is slowly getting down to pre surgery levels every month....

Well - off to take a shower (and then probably to bed, or falling asleep in front of the tv at the very least!)

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 7/20/08 11:27 am - Perry, MI
Pam,
I am not a good one to ask about the monthly stuff, because I am perimenopausal, and had an endometrial iblation done years ago which makes my monthly short, and light.  I have pernicious anemia since the surgery, and I just get wiped out once a month before my B-12 shot.

I do know that the hormonal fluctuations during the cycle cause the blood sugar to fluctuate, and that may be playing into things. 

Keep up your fluids, and talk to a doc about possible nutritional supplements to take monthly.  I think magnesium may be one to look at, but I am not sure.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/08 11:54 am
Yep!  I know how you feel.  For 2 or 3 days during PMS I crash.  I can sleep a full night, go to work and come home and crash on the sofa for 4 or 5 hours, get up to eat dinner and go right back to bed for 8 or 9 hours.  It's a feeling of fatigue and weakness that I only feel during that time.  I can't remember if it was like this pre-op, but has been over the last two years. 

hg
J. M.
on 7/20/08 1:49 pm
Now that I am off the pill and ovulating again, I notice I get super tired, *****y, rise in body temperature, bloating and weight fluctuation.

Fun stuff, huh?

~ Jen   

Pam Hart
on 7/20/08 10:37 pm - Easton, PA
Yea speaking of that bloating and weight fluctuation - I have gained like 4 pounds and it probably won't be off until at least Friday - so guess who won't be at her "goal" weight when she gets weighed at Barix on Wednesday??  Ooooohhhhh I'm annoyed!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/08 11:07 pm
Oh yeah...forgot about the weight.  I gain an average of 8 pounds every month.  Of course if comes right off afterwards, but its at b*tch!.  I find that fresh lemon in my water helps with the bloating (it makes me pee like a race horse ) .  

I say reschedule your appointment until next week and you are back to your normal weight LOL

HG
Pam Hart
on 7/21/08 2:28 am - Easton, PA
<------------------

Buying lemons
J. M.
on 7/21/08 12:43 am
yup...4 lbs exactly for me too. then it dropped overnight. weird,

~ Jen   

jovigirl
on 7/20/08 8:52 pm - washington, NJ
I always get exhausted the day before & think since surgery I stay tired for a few days.But as far as cramps(never)*****y(always lol )I get very weepy just before too

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

Liz R.
on 7/20/08 9:28 pm - Easton, PA
I am SO there with you! evne on the pill I get killer cramps since surgery (same thing happened after I had my appendix out too) but they are getting better by the month and I am wiped out. And well always *****y and moody... lol I swear hubby keeps an eye on my pills so he has notice... infact any day now we should start the back ache and tiredness...

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views