OT-Trying to make sense of Life & Death

Gail M.
on 7/20/08 12:44 am - Scranton, PA
  This was a beautiful poem that was written by a sister of a 23yr old boy who died suddenly.  It is so beautiful I have to reprint it to everyone who has question on the overall picture.

Always Exist
In just an instant it happened so fast
What was the present quickly became the past

Unsure what to think, unreal to believe
Something that seems too hard to perceive

Is it possible to understand he's no longer here?
Wishing again and again he would just reappear

Surrounded by people, feeling so alone
Heart beating rapid with chills to the bone

Family and friends come with a hug and a kiss
The never ending memories, trying to reminisce

They say "Hang in there", "Stay tough", and "Be strong"
But it feels like you get weaker as time moves along

Every second, every minute, every hour of every day
Seems like the pain will never go away

Swollen eyes and a pounding head
Remind me of the last words my brother said

Trying to hold on, no one said it would be this hard
Pushing people away, and pulling up my guard

So sad, angry, unhappy and frustrated
Emotions take over, feeling sedated

All senses are weakened and my body feels numb
Slowling I'm learning, and the stronger I become

We're all here for a reason to affect a life before we die
We're all here for a reason before we say goodbye

A family member, a friend, a loved one may be gone
But it's our life, our hearts they forever touched upon

Things are going to be different; they'll never be the same
But there is no reason to hide and absolutely no one to blame

Although you're no longer here, you will be truly missed
I can promise you for eternity that in our hearts you'll always exist.

Pam Hart
on 7/20/08 1:35 am - Easton, PA
Wow
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
kimmiep621
on 7/20/08 1:41 am
that was really good, man i still miss my dad so much, sounds like how i feel most of the time

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

ktreavis
on 7/20/08 2:25 am - PA
Thanks Gail, As most of you know My brother passed away in January and we were really close, every time I try on a new size and fit into it, I hear his voice, I really miss him. My dad too passed away when I was 19 and I still miss him terribly. Some deep time to reflect today.   - Katie

Progress not perfection

Shan08
on 7/20/08 4:26 am - the Skook, PA
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/20/08 9:23 am
I haven't gotten to the point yet where people's words effect me like that.  I know its coming but not yet.  I still can't believe she didn't say goodbye.  How could she leave me in limbo like this?  I can hear her walking thru the house calling me, but thats it.  Anyone know how to channel messages.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Pam Hart
on 7/20/08 10:37 am - Easton, PA
No I don't.  I actually just saw a gentleman on "The View" (which by the way I can't stand watching but fell asleep on the couch one morning and woke up to it and I love all that kind of stuff, so I watched that segment)  He was saying there were classes to take to be able to help "get in touch" with those things for "gifted" people but A) it takes years and B) you can't pick and choose who comes through to you and when so it's almost a blessed curse at times.

Considering it's your daughter - and I might be totally off base here - but I believe when SHE is ready and she knows YOU are ready messages will come through in some way. 

This might sound cruel and please don't take it that way.....try not listening.  It's when we're not paying attention that things happen.  Kind of like when a word is on the tip of your tongue but you can't get it out and then you wake up at 2am with it out of no where.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 7/20/08 9:54 am - Perry, MI
Very powerful stuff.

I have lost both of my brothers since my surgery in 2006.  They were not as young as this one, but too young to die, suddenly without warning.  I miss them both terribly, and wish I could have them back each and every day. 

My family has learned to be more loving and closer as a result of the first loss.  We tell each other "I love you."  We help each other and visit each other more and more. 

I have to believe that God knows what He is doing, though I wish He had other plans for my family than this.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views