****Sunday Roll Call****

Patricia R.
on 7/19/08 7:23 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I am up early again.  It is a bittersweet day for me.  The munchkin and her parents return to Michigan today.  I got to see her last night, and she was adorable, as usual. 

Today has me trying to get to an AA meeting before work.  Then, I am heading to the hospital for my shift.  I work 9:30 to 5:00 or so.  After that, I am heading to my sis-in-law's to pick up some yarn, then to the pool for a long swim. 

I hope everyone is staying hydrated today. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

halfsister
on 7/19/08 10:04 pm - Irwin, PA
Tri**** sounds like you have a full day a head of you. Hope its a great way and stay cool.

I will be getting ready for church soon, then hopefully be able to run a few errands. I would like to say i am going to go jump in the pool but I have none.

Have a great day
Leanne

ktreavis
on 7/19/08 10:08 pm - PA
Good Morning PA - Not so sure what today will bring, I think hubby pulled his back out. He is finally asleep and then I will see what he wants to do. I may take him to the ER, but I would like him to wait it out and see the dr. tomorrow. SOmehow today I would like to go to the gyma\ and I NEED to do some laundry. We are supposed to go to Atlantic City for a few days at the end of the week, I really need to get away, so we may go even if I have to push hubby around. Hope you all have a good day. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Pam Hart
on 7/19/08 10:42 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Trish,

Sorry the kiddos and mun*****in are leaving today - I know you will miss them dearly!!

Today I have to gather up laundry and get to my parents house.  It's slowly taking over the room where our hamper is and is just not a pretty site - plus I am running out of clothes to wear, lol!  I'll be spending most of the afternoon over there and then having dinner with my parents as well.  I'm not sure what DH is doing today.  He may come with me or he may go to his parents house.  We shall see.

I too would like to take a dip in the pool as it is already over 80 out and very very humid - but alas - the only "pool" I have would be a puddle on the street, LOL

Stay cool and hydrated all!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/19/08 11:05 pm

Good Morning OH Family: 

I am holding together the best I can.  I keep having these seizure type moments.  I believe God is showing me that he is with me when I'm calm.  Somebody please tell me that she is in peace right now.  I would hate to think that she is in a state of torment and conflict.  My heart aches for her, she was my only child and the sunshine of my life for such a short time.  I think I am handling this, but don't know if I am correct.  There are times in eveyone's life when they feel they have crazy.  If anyone thinks I have gone off the deep end, please let me know.  I am sending you all a hug for all your support during this very trying time. 

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/08 11:41 pm
God is with you  Nan...always.  I truely believe that your daughter is now at peace.  No more pain, no more sadness, no more depression or turmoil or conflict. You are a strong woman.  You will do what you need to to keep on going.   If you don't already use a therapist, you may want to consider finding one, especially someone that specializes in this.  There are also support groups out there for survivors of suicide.  One of my best friends and coworkers went through this 2 years ago with her 24 year old son.   Unfortunately, I have know quite a few people that have gone through what you are.  I don't know the company you work for, but check with your HR department.  If its a big enough company, you probably have a work/life/ EAP benefit (employee assistance program).  That program can provide a predetermined amount of counseling sessions for free.  PM me and let me know who you work for...my company may be your EAP and if so, and you want me too, I can help you get the process started with our EAP.  You also have your family here to help you.  

HG
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/20/08 12:14 am

Thank you Heather, I believe this is a timing issue.  I know I can get thru this, its just a matter of time.  I don't think I have gone ballistic, at least not yet.  Although I did I my moment yesterday when I read what my ex wrote on the Online Condolence Sign In Page.  Believe you me, the only reason he came to the funeral is because his mother made him.  The man could not even wear a suit for his daughter.  Most of his memories with my daughter were on my dime, he was invited in order to give her quality family time.  For this my daughter idolized him until she was old enough to see him for the true schmuck that he was and still is.  How dare he write on a public condolence page that his life is in order now that she is gone, and that he is happy for her peacefulness.  My daughter could care less about his lady friend.  If his mother and siblings really cared as he stated, they would write their own words.  The man behind the curtain is testing me, but I have to put this behind me, way behind me.  I respect his right to grief, but he should show some form of appropriate behaviour. 

Again I thank you Heather for your support.

dit657
on 7/20/08 12:10 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Nan, you haven't gone off the deep end although I'm sure it feels that way at times. You have to believe that if God is with you helping you maintain your sanity he is also with your daughter and has let her find peace. I've never lost a family member this way so I can only imagine your heartache thru all this - please just know that we're all here for you and will comfort and support you as much as we possibly can. Trust in your faith - it will help you thru this. Fondly, Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/20/08 12:18 am
Thank you Kathy, I will keep your words close to heart.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/08 1:17 am
Nan,

I am not a parent but I do believe that God never gives us more then we can handle and it only makes us stronger. In my heart I do believe she is at peace and out of pain so allow yourself to grieve for her in your own way she was your "sunshine and babygirl".

I have gone through my bout of the crazies after my Mom's death I hid it or so I thought from everyone around finally they did tell me so you between your family and your OH family you have support.

Also you are holding it together right now your mind and body are in shock right now it may sneak up on you when it does allow yourself to cry or throw something and let it all out. Pick up the phone and call someone to talk it out.

You are not alone!

**hugs**

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views