****Saturday Roll Call****

Patricia R.
on 7/18/08 7:14 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I am up early, for some strange reason.  I am exhausted though, because I had the baby for some of the day yesterday, and that munchkin can wear a body out.  No need for a gym, just borrow a one year old from a young mom for a few hours.

Today, I am working at the hospital, then we are having a birthday dinner for my daughter at a Japanese steak house in Langhorne.  Her birthday is next week, but they are returning to Michigan on Sunday.  I am going to miss the munchkin something fierce. 

Anywho, I have to get moving.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

ktreavis
on 7/18/08 9:40 pm - PA
Good Morning PA - I just got back from my part time job and I am on my way back out. I am going to go to the gym and grocery shopping. Then I will come home and do some cooking for a party that we are going to later. Hopefully I will get a nap in at some point too. Try to stay cool today. Have a good one.  - Katie

Progress not perfection

lauraanne715
on 7/18/08 10:11 pm - Pottstown, PA

Good morning Everyone!

Well hubby felt the need to wake me up at the crack of dawn.  I think he was just bored! LOL  Anyway not much on tap for today...just staying in and relaxing.  I am pretty boring!  Well anyways I hope everyone has a terrific Saturday!

Much luv!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Pam Hart
on 7/18/08 11:53 pm - Easton, PA
Trish,

Good Morning.  I honestly have no idea what I'm doing today.  I was toying with the idea of going to Heather's house as I'd really like to get to see her and everyone else - plus stop by for the lemonade stand that Jordan is having for "Alex's Lemonade stand" fundraiser.  I am just worn out though - it's not so much driving up there and spending the day that has me worried as hanging out with all those wonderful people always keeps me awake and energized - it's the half way home point that gets to me on days like this and trips like that.

I still have an hour to decide - so we shall see.

Hubby is going out with a friend today - so I'll be putsing around at home if I don't go.....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 7/19/08 12:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish & Everyone,
I'm in Harleysville and we're gearing up for Jordan Dhoble's Alex's Lemonade Stand. It's from 11 - 4 today at Salford Square on Rt. 63 in Harleysville. Young Jordan is excited and will have plenty of lemonade and baked goods for sale, both regular and sugar-free. So if you're close stop on by today in the effort to help kids with cancer. I'll give Jordan a hand and then see many of you at Heather W's later. It would be great to see ya Pam, but only if you're up to it.
Take care everyone,

Dennis
DianeMarie
on 7/19/08 1:08 am - Delmont, PA
Smileycons!Hello everyone!

Today is the last day of my vacation.  I should be trying to make the most of it but it's so dang hot out there.  Deidre and I took Dela & Stubby for a walk this morning.  It was too hot to do it last night like we usually do so we waited till this morning.  We got started and it was so hot both dogs were suffering.  We thought we might be able to do it if we kept letting them take breaks.  We got to the top of the big hill and took Dela and Stubby behind some trees for shade.  Dela flopped down and would not get back up.  We decided then and there to turn around and come back home.  As much as I enjoy my walk I was afraid we would injure the dogs.  My mouth felt like cotton when we were walking and it was miserable.

I am nervous about going back to work tomorrow. I've worked in many different departments in the store.  Tomorrow morning I become a manager of a department I've never even worked in.  I know I will get the hang of it but I wonder what the employees of that department think about me being their manager. Time will tell.

I would love to go to the lake today but Deidre hates sun and water.  I'd hate to leave her here alone and go with the rest of the family.  I work early tuesday.  Maybe I'll just wait till then and then we can go while she's at work.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  Remember to drink tha****er and stay cool.

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Nicole0216
on 7/19/08 2:08 am - Lancaster, PA
we got back from our long vacation last night so today we are resting and unpacking. I am dreading returning to work.
i am feeling anxious about getting on the scale. I ate alot on this trip. Some of it was good good food that i cannot get up here so i dont apologize for that. i dont feel we are supposed to never enjoy food again. but there was a fair amount of snacking in the car out of boredom that I do feel about guilty about.

I guess the only thing to do is weigh see what the damage is and get back in the saddle.

We did have an awesome time.
Lesley G.
on 7/19/08 2:24 am - Allegan, MI
I was going to say good morning, but it's good afternoon now! 

I got up early today so I could plant some flowers outside my apartment.  I love that I just moved to a place where I can plant my own flowers, but OMG, it is too hot outside for such things today!  I got about half of them done and called it quits at about 9:30 AM.  After that I did some cleaning, and then spent some quality time with my DVR, watching the episodes of Big Medicine that I had recorded.  As I was watching it, I realized that I am starting to have a LOT of feelings about my upcoming surgery.  I found myself tearing up when people were talking about their experience being morbidly obese, because I can relate to so much of it, and then I was also tearing up when they came out of surgery because I felt so happy for them.

So this has really got me thinking of all the feelings I have about surgery.  I'm reading that Emotional First Aid Kit book, which is helping me too.  I am feeling very aware that food has been my main way of coping with stress, and that it won't be an option soon and I have to find other ways to deal.  Not sure where I'm going with this, but it felt like a big realization to me.

Sorry to ramble!  I hope everyone is having a great day.
Lesley

bubble273
on 7/19/08 2:27 am - Levittown, PA

Good Saturday to all of you!!!

Well, this weekend I have most of my nieces and nephews -- well, they're mine by marriage, but that doesn't matter, right??  I love them like they're my blood!!  Anyway, I took 8 kids last night to a local firehouse to watch Monster's, Inc.  My sister-in-laws thought I was crazy, but I said they'll all be fine and if they're not I'll just beat them all :)  Just kidding.  But they were all good and they had a good time.

Now they're all here for the rest of the weekend.  Thank God I have a pool.  So they'll all be enjoying that today.  And I'll enjoy watching them.  Shame I still can't get in the pool because of the biliary tube, but that will come to an end hopefully pretty soon.  So this weekend it's all about the kids and spending some quality time with them.

Have a great day!!!

Karen

SPANKAROO
on 7/19/08 9:40 am
good evening all  from easton pa

hi my name  is george i had my wls  on 6/18/08  i  have lost 40lbs in 28 days im so happy and thrilled  im blessed to have  had dr boorse  from lvh  hes awesome hugsss all  how do i get my pic on side and  a weight ticker like i see some of yous have  thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views