Dinner for Four

Stephanie C.
on 7/19/08 3:45 am - Exton, PA
I had a funny weight loss related experience the other day, which I thought I'd share.  Three of my guy friends & I went out for dinner, which we do oftern & have been doing for years.  When the check arrives, we always handle it the same way...we split it four ways & don't worry about who had what, who drank & who didn't, etc.  Well, at the end of the night I realized I paid $26 for a bowl of soup & a glass of iced tea.  (!!!)  Now, please don't think I'm cheap, because I'm not, I swear!  I didn't say anything, because I didn't want anyone to think badly of me, however, I think I'll have to come up with a tactful way of deaing with this the next time we go out.  It was just a funny moment for me.  Especially since in the past, I've gotten my money's worth for sure!  Ha!
Pam Hart
on 7/19/08 12:25 pm - Easton, PA
Funny you should mention this - as it was brought up in a book I read presurgery (for the life of me I can't remember which one at the moment)  I think the best thing would to bring it up PRIOR to going out with your friends again - that way it doesn't hit them at an awkward time.  It is a funny story - and I don't think anyone would think you're cheap for that - it's just realistic.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Stephanie C.
on 7/19/08 2:36 pm - Exton, PA
Thanks for your support, Pam!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views