chicken francais

sbrunell
on 7/19/08 3:57 am - Bensalem, PA
Any idea how many fat grams, and sugars there are. I can't find good info online.

I wondered if it is better to have the sauce on the side.

Thanks,
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Lesley G.
on 7/19/08 4:05 am - Allegan, MI
Do you mean chicken francese?  If so, I would say try to find a baked not fried version.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/19/08 10:57 pm
 These recipes were posted on Yahoo, to find out the nutritional info you can input your measured quantities of ingredients into RECIPEZAAR.COM and it will tell you the entire recipe value or the portion value.  This recipe to me looks kind of non WLS friendly.  I would hope that you stay away from these high fat ingredients unless you are using spray oil and egg beaters.  It doesn't appear that these recipes have any sugars, but are high calorie, high fat and high carb.CHICKEN FRANCHAISE

2 pkg. chicken cutlets, pounded thin
Flour, salt, pepper and paprika
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 lg. (10 1/2 oz.) can College Inn chicken broth
1 stick butter
3 lg. lemons

Mix enough flour, salt, pepper and paprika to dip the chicken in. Dip chicken in egg and flour lightly. Brown chicken in large greased skillet. Melt butter in the chicken broth and squeeze the juice of (2) of the lemons into the mixture (remove pits). In large baking pan, place the chicken cutlets into a single layer. Pour the broth mixture over the chicken, slice 1 lemon and garlic. Bake covered in 350 degree oven 20 minutes.

or

CHICKEN FRANCHAISE

Boneless chicken breast, sliced thin
Egg
Milk
Flour
1/2 c. oil
1 stick butter
1 stick butter
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. parsley

Dip chicken in egg, milk, and flour. Saute in 1/2 cup oil over medium heat until done.
In separate pot, combine 1 stick butter, 1 stick butter, and 1/4 cup parsley. Heat until butter is melted. Do not boil. Pour over chicken in casserole dish and serve.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Pam Hart
on 7/20/08 1:54 am - Easton, PA
So after reading the recipies nan posted - now I know what it is (I ALWAYS get those chicken dishes confused - I know - I know - it sounds stupid....)

Anyway....just off the top of my head I have a few ideas - it won't taste the same, but might be something....

1)  Marinate some pounded flat chiken breasts in some lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and herbs.  Probably for not to long as the lemon juice will start to "cook" the chicken. I would say 1-3 hours?
Then, bake them off in the oven or on a grill top or whatever, no added fat

In the meantime, combine some chicken broth, lemon juice, herbs and maybe (MAYBE but I probably wouldn't) a teaspoon or so of butter for some of the butter flavor.  Thicken with some cornstarch and water or flour and water paste - bring to a boil.  Pour over chicken when done, garnish with herbs and lemon zest/wheels

2)  Coat chicken in flour and "fry" in a nonstick pan with some spray oil.  I would probably season the flour with salt, pepper, lemon zest, maybe some garlic or onion powder.  Make a lemon sauce kind of like above - just experiment.  Serve over chicken.

These are just some quick ideas, please note I have never tried either one or seen either recipie - so both could be a huge flop.  But it's an idea....

Pam

PS:  Sparkpeople.com allows you to enter ingredients in a recipie and give you the total amounts for the recipie and serving size as well

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 7/20/08 1:55 am - Easton, PA
Oh - and in response to your original question (might be helpful to answer that as well) the sauce seems to be only half the culprit - it seems most of the dishes are fried before hand and then baked in the sauce - which is full of butter.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views