Blueberry muffins!

Pam Hart
on 7/17/08 3:17 am - Easton, PA
So I made muffins today after adapting a previous recipie.  I used sparkpeople - first time I've used this site - in order to get the nutritional information.  It's not bad considering I just kind of winged it.  I'm thinking of upping the splenda a bit.

Here's the link for my recipie with nutritional info:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=3486 69

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 7/17/08 3:33 am - Pottstown, PA

Pam--soounds yummy!!  I use spark people all the time for the nutrition tracker and the articles, etc....very cool site!  I may have hubby try the muffin recipe next time he is in a baking mood!!  Thanx!!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Pam Hart
on 7/17/08 5:01 am - Easton, PA
Laura,

I did not line my baking tins and used nonstick spray - the bottoms of the muffins seems a little moist to me - so I would suggest trying muffin liners to see if it resolves that problem.  Also - I think I should probably add a teaspoon or so of vanilla extract - it still might take some tweaking.  Let me know if you like them if hubby makes them.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 7/17/08 4:36 am - Boothwyn, PA
Never heard of that site but I just checked it out - looks like some good stuff. Thanks!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 7/17/08 4:59 am - Easton, PA
Kathy,

Actually, I just 'stumbled' apon it myself.  I did a search on yahoo for a nutrition calculator - I wanted to be able to imput a recipie and get nutritional facts for it so I didn't have to do all the addition and division myself, as it can get confusing for me.  So I looked at a couple of sites and really liked that one.  I also like the fact that once you register, when you imput a recipie, you can save it - so you always have A)  The recipie and B)  The nutritional information.  I am going to poke around it some more as I would like to start tracking all of my info - calories etc so I get a baseline as to where I am.  I know fitday counts all that for you too - I've only tried fitday for maybe one or two days, and I found I had to imput a lot of my own info on things I use and it was quickly becoming a pain in the butt. 

Hope you like it!

Pam
dit657
on 7/17/08 5:04 am - Boothwyn, PA
When did you/do you actually start counting calories and other stuff (other than protein)? I'm still just concentrating on getting all my protein in but thinking I should be looking at the other things now that my eating is expanding into more normal territory.

Pam Hart
on 7/17/08 5:22 am - Easton, PA
I have not been told to start tracking 'the other stuff'.  It's just a curiosity type thing.  Also - now that I'm in my goal range and hitting that period where I need to know exactly how much my body needs to maintain and what not I figure I should have a baseline.  I was hoping to do it for a full week before my follow up appointment with the nuts at barix so I could talk to them about where I am vs "where I should be" but with everything going on - that did not happen.  I will still have a discussion with them on Wednesday, along with Dr. P, to get their opinions on the subject.

Pam
dit657
on 7/17/08 5:25 am - Boothwyn, PA
OK - thanks - I guess the nuts will tell me when its time. Kathy

jackie j
on 7/18/08 8:58 am - Glenmoore, PA
There is another "sugar" out there that is great for baking.   It is DiabetiSweet.  It comes in White and in Brown and is not a "blend" like splenda nor the fluffy flakes.   When I bake with the fluffy stuff I find I need to add 1.5x to make the taste come close to good.   With the DS it is equal to whatever the recipe says and it is granular and breaks down just like sugar but it is maltose I believe with no glycemic index.   I make candied sweet potatoes for my hubby with it all the time and he doesn't know it's not real brown sugar; tastes great.   I used to get it at my acme but now I have to order it online and it's a little more expensive but definately worth it considering I go through more Splenda when I'm baking and that stuff isn't cheap either. 
Pam Hart
on 7/18/08 11:23 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Jackie - I will definately look into that.  I don't use the "blend" of splenda - I use just the regular splenad granular, the white fluffy stuff that you were referring to.  The DiabetiSweet stuff sounds good, too though!

Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views