support group meeting requirement

loriw
on 7/16/08 10:07 pm - Oley, PA
Hi all,

I have jumped thru all the hoops my insurance company has asked and was awaiting approval.  Now they want me to attend 2 support group meetings prior to approval.  My problem is this - I am a school teacher and was hoping to have the surgery completed before school starts in less than 6 weeks.  (I've been working toward surgery for 4 months).  Anyway, a gal in the insurance dept at Barix suggested I look into telephone or online support group meetings.  Has anyone ever heard of either of these and if an insurance company would accept them?  Any suggestions or info is HUGELY appreciated.

Lori
Liz R.
on 7/16/08 10:13 pm - Easton, PA
Lori - I run a support Group at Doylestown Hospital (tonight at 6pm conference room A) actually and have written many letters for insurance companies. I don't believe that any of them have ever questioned the "type" of support group, you just have to have someone stating that you are participating in them actively.

Best of Luck with your journey!

Liz
Cheryl S.
on 7/16/08 10:22 pm - Millsboro, DE
Hi Lori,

There's another support group this weekend (Saturday) in Harleysville, PA at Heather Ward's house.  It's a great group.  Let me know if you want to attend and I can send you information.

Cheryl
loriw
on 7/16/08 10:24 pm - Oley, PA
YES, YES, YES I am definitely interested in the weekend meeting.  Please send me more info, etc.   and thank you!
Liz R.
on 7/16/08 10:28 pm - Easton, PA
The next support group meeting is at my house this Saturday at 1pm. Please bring water, drink mixes, WLS snack if you wish. Also, please bring a chair, if weather permits, we will meet outside.

Also, Shauna's son Jordan has all on his own planned and coordinated a fund raiser with Alex's Lemonade stand. It will be open this Saturday from 11am until 4pm at the Salford Pub. It would great if you all could come early to support his efforts and then just head to my house from there.

Here is my info:

291 Florence Drive
Harleysville, PA
215-692-0054.

Heather
tracyb330
on 7/16/08 11:37 pm - Temple, PA
Hi,
You live around me...sort of. There is also one at the Reading hospital. I have never been there but if you have to get 2 done at least that one is close.

Good luck.
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Shannon O.
on 7/17/08 5:44 am - Reading, PA
make sure you tell the insurance company you are also active here... so you also have support via the internet any time of the day...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views