Thank you Barix postop meeting

J. M.
on 7/16/08 12:32 pm
Great seeing everyone, as always! and great info as well.

~ Jen   

bubble273
on 7/16/08 12:39 pm - Levittown, PA
I knew I forgot someone.  Sorry, Jen.  Thank you so much for your thoughts.  I appreciate it.

Karen

cleos_mom
on 7/16/08 12:46 pm - phila., PA
Hi
 yes it was a great meetibg.
Karen when you look in the mirror just look at yourself and say "I look GOOD" because you
look AWESOME, you have come a long way since we first met kkep it up
Susan
bubble273
on 7/16/08 12:54 pm - Levittown, PA
Thanks, Susan.  I'll practice before I go to bed, "I look GOOD", "I look GOOD", "I look GOOD". 

Karen

Pam Hart
on 7/16/08 12:56 pm - Easton, PA
It was a great meeting as always - and a phenomenal topic as well.  I was gonna say something but you covered it in this post - do NOT say thank you and then point out the flaws. It only cements it more into your head.

When Mary was going through this with her shorts issue someone had mentioned wearing things around the house until it became "normal" and then doing some quick errands or what not - slowly building yourself up - in things you are not used to wearing.  I do that and it does help.  Doesn't cure the problem, but helps.

I actually noticed tonight - although I'm wearing things like tank tops and feel "comfortable" in them - I noted that whenever I was standing around talking to people - my arms were crossed in front of me.  Yet another barrier and a way to "hide" myself.  Something I'll need to work on.

Looking fabulous and thanks for such a great topic!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 7/16/08 1:37 pm - Levittown, PA

Thanks, Pam.  And uncover those arms, girlfriend.  You have nothing to hide!!!  Looking so fabulous yourself :)

Karen

Arlene E.
on 7/16/08 1:13 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 I always enjoy seeing everyone and hearing how much we all have in common.  Karen, until you can get plastics, use those "wings" to keep soaring.  

Arlene
bubble273
on 7/16/08 1:38 pm - Levittown, PA

Arlene, you're so sweet!!! Thank you.  And I will use those "wings" to keep soaring for sure.  Right now they're soaring me to bed!!!  Nighty-night :)

Karen

jovigirl
on 7/16/08 1:45 pm - washington, NJ
KAren,first let me say you look awesome!As much as I think my wings are hideous,I also am thrilled to be able to see my "real" arm emerging.My arms have always been big & no matter what they never seemed to get smaller with weight loss until now.I kinda use to to watch my progress the more they swing lol the smaller they are getting.
I too am one who's always worn shorts,tank tops & bathing suits so I guess it helps now but if I     do things like hammering in fence posts a few weeks ago,I am a little embarrased at the swinging but it beats having arms as big as thighs .

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

Dennis Belk
on 7/16/08 2:37 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Karen, thank you for a topic that reaches and speaks to us all. Acceptance is something that has deep seeds for us and we do better with it over time. You've had tremendous progress in a relatively short time and the shock of the change is an adjustment too. Give it time and keep successing because you're growing with every day and every triumph. You are doin' great!

Dennis
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views