Nan (A Happy Soul) Needs Us

Heather D.
on 7/17/08 12:19 pm - OH
Nan~

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I am sorry for your loss.

BellaNell
on 7/17/08 12:49 pm - Pleasant Mt., PA
 Cheryl,
Thank you so much for letting us know.  You are a good friend.

Nan,

The pain you are suffering is unfathomable.  May good memories of your beloved daughter, and the support of friends and family, sustain and keep you.  Remember, we are here for you. 
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/17/08 2:02 pm
I thank each and everyone of you for all your support.  Her name was Maurica Mouraview, she was 24 years old.  She was involved in car accident 4 years ago that left her unable to work due to the pain she was in from a spinal injury and fibro myalsia.  Her doctors would not give her more pain meds and she was needing something to take the edge off.  She received her settlement from the insurance company which was 15,000 of which she had to give 25% to the atty.  She also received a retro check from SSI for 15,000 of which she had to pay the company who initiated the claim (Alsup) 6,000.  She received no reimbursement for out of pocket expenses and received no future medical coverage.  She went to welfare to ask for help and they awarded her 1 a month plus medical coverage. You read it right, $1.00 a month.   In fact the check came today.  She was overwhelmed with financial needs and pain.  She got hold of gun yesterday afternoon and went into my Mom's Shower, turned on the water, and then shot herself in the temple.   She was dead within moments.  CPR was performed on her until the police arrived and they pronounced her dead.  It happened at about 1 pm and I still have not seen her.  The police would not let me near her and the medical examiner did not release her until 3;30 today.  I didn't find out until 7:30 PM that the funeral director would allow us to view her.  It has been a trying day arranging the funeral, selecting the grave site, and then making the luncheon arrangements.  Seeing the pictures of all the new brides hanging on the walls at the banquet facility just about sent me over the edge.  I could see my daughters face on all those young brides pictures.  She had gotten engaged 2 mos. ago. She was planning on getting married in 4 mos.  We are still in disbelief and need some closure. 

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

bubble273
on 7/17/08 8:23 pm - Levittown, PA
Nan,

I am just sitting here in disbelief and tears in my eyes.  I don't even know what to say.  Please, please know that we are all here for you.  Your daughter's pain is gone now, but it doesn't make your pain any less.  I am just so sorry this has happened to such a wonderful person like yourself.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers today as you begin the process of closure.

Love,
Karen

Karen

Pam Hart
on 7/17/08 10:23 pm - Easton, PA
Nan,

There's honestly nothing myself or anyone else could probably say to you.  That story is such a horrific sad tragedy - I am deeply sorry for your loss and for the abrupt way in which it happened.  Please know that you are being thought of here throughout your time of need.  I wish I could be with you in person today - but please accept my thoughts and prayers.

Love you,

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DebiMcK23
on 7/21/08 12:11 am - Aston, PA
Nan,
I am just getting on the computer for the first time in a week, and I ready your horrible news.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do.
I can't imagine the pain your family is going thru right now.
Debi

303/197/153

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views