Fage Yogurt - Recipies

Liz R.
on 7/14/08 9:34 pm - Easton, PA

So I was out poking around on the internet and found the fage yogurt website - well they had a bunch of recipies! http://www.fageusa.com/recipes.html check it out - not sure if they are all WLS friendly but we can always adapt them!

I get my fage at Shop Rite, Superfresh or Wegmans. There are also other brands that are very similar!

Enjoy

Liz

bubble273
on 7/15/08 12:00 am - Levittown, PA

Hi Liz,

Was wondering about the Fage yogurt.  I just can't get a taste for yogurt, never have, even before WLS.  Is this like the greek kind, that tastes like sour cream or is it different?  And if they have it at Shop Rite, that is where I shop.  But I don't think I've ever seen it...but I guess I wasn't looking for it either :)

Karen

Liz R.
on 7/15/08 12:04 am - Easton, PA

Karen - it does taste like sour cream. I admit it takes getting used to. but I love it now. I like it with the TLC roasted almond granola bar crushed up in it. Also like it with fruit. I have gotten it at ShopRite many times, some of them have it with the regular yogurt and some have it in the organic section, depends on the store.

Good luck finding it!

OH I get the 2% one too, it has a bit more protein and isn't as tart.

bubble273
on 7/15/08 12:09 am - Levittown, PA

Thanks, Liz!!  I guess it's worth trying at least once.  And I never know...I might actually like it.

Thanks again.

Karen

Pam Hart
on 7/15/08 12:36 am - Easton, PA

Karen,

I use davinci sugar free syrup and some fruit in mine and love it that way.  Somebody on here once told me they use sf jello crystals (just a sprinkling, not the whole packet) for it as well.

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 7/15/08 1:32 am - Levittown, PA

Thanks, Pam.  Sounds yummy!!  I'll have to try those syrups.

Karen

jdruski
on 7/15/08 1:44 am - Philadelphia, PA

One of the things that I use Fage for was a recipe that I have used since 4 weeks out.  I mixed my salmon, tuna, chicken with it during my pureed stage and now use it as a sauce or topping.

Equal parts Fage and Low Fat Mayo

1 TBSP (go by your taste) of low sodium soy sauce

1 packet of sweetner (again by taste and amt making)

Wasabi paste (taste)

Mix together.  It is wonderful. 

I also use my Fage in my protein shakes with frozen banana and strawberries.

I found I use the greek yogurt more than I do sour creme.

Jeanne

Pam Hart
on 7/15/08 12:06 am - Easton, PA

Liz,

I will be sure to check that out!!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
EileenWalton
on 7/15/08 5:42 am
I use Fage in place of sour cream....not as a yogurt.  I mix it with onion soup mix to dip veggies.  I put it on my quesadillas, in chili, etc
Eileen

Liz R.
on 7/15/08 5:46 am - Easton, PA
oohh good thinking! I love onion dip, of course it always used to be on potato chips - but it will be good on celery too!

Thanks Eileen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views