Tuesday Roll Call

Liz R.
on 7/14/08 9:01 pm - Easton, PA

Good Morning everyone! Not too exciting of a day here today. Work, chiropractor, home to do some yard work, plant some daylillies that I picked up yesterday and hopefully to bed early. I haven't been sleeping well at all and it is catching up with me.

TOday is the last day of the prednisone *THANK GOD!!* I did get on teh scale this morning and I am down a pound since I started it, can't believe it because I feel like I am eating everything in sight... but I'll take it! ALMOST back under 200 again..  I was down to 197, hurt my back and gained to 205 now I have been teetering around 202-200 for the last few weeks. Oh well as long as it is staying close to where it is I am OK with that.

Well Make it  a great tuesday!

Liz

ktreavis
on 7/14/08 9:17 pm - PA

Good Morning PA - Thanks for everyone's reply to my post yesterday. I was surprised at myself last night that I got down about 3 oz. of scallops. They were really yummy. I am going to have to set aside some planning time each week and really stick to it. It is still very hard for me to take time for myself. I know that I have mentioned this before but there are 10 people that live in my house, so there is always something that needs to be done, but I need to remember me. Anyway, I am off today, we are going to go spend the day with Brian's mom for her bday. She lives out near King of Prussia, still not sure what she wants to do today. so, I am going to putter around here for a while and then hubby and I will go to the gym before we head out. Hope you all have a great day and I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow. - Katie

Progress not perfection

dit657
on 7/14/08 9:42 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everybody - glad this is your last day on the prednizone, Liz - my younger sister has to take it occasionally for her asthma and I know she hates what it does to her body. You're almost done now - hope you're feeling better.

Not much on my agenda today other than work and meeting with a different landscape contractor tonight - the one who showed last night was HOT! I might hire him just on that!! Anyway, work today and that's about it. Take care everybody - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 7/14/08 10:03 pm - Easton, PA

Thanks Kathy - I think that it is the worst med I have ever had to take. It makes my heart race, I feel dizzy, flushed, HOT HOT HOT and well cranky from everything else. I almost dread taking the pill because I know how terrible it makes me feel. Today my lungs feel tight too - another joyous side effect, and my ears are heavy. BUT my back is feeling better so I guess it is somehow worth it in the long run LOL terrible when you have to decide which is worse the original ailment or the side effects of the meds to TREAT the ailment...

Patricia R.
on 7/14/08 9:59 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Liz,

I just got home from my AA meeting, and am getting ready for work at the hospital today.  My day did not go as planned yesterday, as the weather did not cooperate, and my daughter did not feel well.  I did take the munchkin out shopping and to McDonald's for a snack.  The McD's near me has a huge fish tank with huge fish in it, and she loved watching them. 

Today I am heading to the hospital, and then home to crash.  I might be getting a pedicure with my daughter, if she can get an appointment for us. 

I have to go get myself ready for work now. 

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 7/14/08 10:32 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning Liz & PA Posters,

Ugg!  Prendisone, it's one of those drugs that does wonders, but oh, the side effects!  My oldest daughter has asthma and as a youngster it was more severe and she hated being on that, said it felt like she wanted to crawl out of her skin, not to mention the mood swings, being a teenager was bad enough, add that drug to the mix, well you can imagine, she was not fun to deal with, poor thing. . .  oh well, glad that it helped you and since you were on it a relatively short time, did not experience the weight gain associated with it. . .

Anyway, today finds me here at work, more than likely it will be another quiet day and then this evening I will attend an AA meeting, go home and relax when that is done to do it all over again, my work weeks certainly are not exciting ;)

Hope you all enjoy your day!

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lauraanne715
on 7/14/08 10:48 pm - Pottstown, PA

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Well not much going on today but my birthday.  Hubby took me out for it over the weekend so today will be quiet.  It is a beautiful day so I may go sit outside and read later when the shade is on my side of the street!

As for the rest of the day not much to do but relax.  Tonight I hit the treadmill.  I am struggling this past week with excersise....I have all this energy but no desire to work out.  I just gotta get my butt in gear and do it...kinda like sucking down the protein shakes I guess!!

Well hope everyone has a terrific day!!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Liz R.
on 7/14/08 10:53 pm - Easton, PA

Happy Birthday Laura!!

Oh and exercising is like protein,.... just gotta get it done!

Liz

Pam Hart
on 7/14/08 11:55 pm - Easton, PA

Good Morning Liz and Pa!!

Today I will be prepping some meals in the kitchen.  I did the food shopping yesterday and want to make sure we actually eat the food before it goes bad!!

Hubby and I want to do something together today - but we're not sure what.  I said I almost feel bad having "fun" because theoretically I'm out on sick leave so I could schedule the hida scan - but really - I feel good.  I have been taking it easy - but my diet is back to regular and my activity level is pretty much on course.  Dr. P called me last night and we spoke about diet and activity and she was fine with it all.  In fact, she was thrilled that I had moved onto a regular diet.

I'm not sure what else is going on.....

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DianeMarie
on 7/15/08 12:51 am - Delmont, PA

Smileycons!

I'm really enjoying this vacation.  Today we are going to Keystone lake.  Even though the water is dirty I love going.  Making sure to take ALOT of sunscreen with us.  None of us have been in the sun much this summer so I dont want us to burn.

I have noticed that I've been feeling down a bit when I'm not as active.  I have to rush, rush, rush when I'm working and I've kept up that pace in the evenings after work.  Before I would have been fine with sitting on my butt but I feel guilty now.  Last night as I sat outside listening to music I felt down.  Then I realised it was because I havent been as active on this vacation.  So I'm sure after swiming all afternoon and then taking my 2 mile walk tonight I'll feel good again.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views