need a little help

ktreavis
on 7/14/08 8:17 am - PA

I can't find my Barix Bible and I am having a hard time remembering how much I should be eating, I am almost 3 months out and I know that I am not eating enough. Could you give me a few pointers? Thanks, - Katie

Progress not perfection

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/14/08 8:28 am
I can email it to you in sections.  I have it in PDF format.  Send me your email address.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

ktreavis
on 7/14/08 9:23 am - PA

my address is [email protected]  thanks, I relly need infor on serving sizes right now

Progress not perfection

bubble273
on 7/14/08 8:31 am - Levittown, PA

Hi Katie,

I have my Barix Bible and can tell you info that you need.   Everyone is different, but my protein goal is 72.  You should be eating 5 to 6 small meals a day, making sure protein comes first.  And getting in your 64 oz of fluid or more, especially when it's warm outside.  I don't know what else you need to know.  You should be eating regular food at this point.  If you need to know anything else, just PM me or write back to this email.  Or you can call my cell phone.  I will PM you with the number, if you need me to read anything to you.

Take care,

Karen

Karen

Pam Hart
on 7/14/08 8:55 am - Easton, PA

Katie,

At three months out you should start to be eating until "satisfied" which is hard to say the least because you might not be hungry at this point (I didn't have hunger until about 4 mos out I guess)

Karen pretty much summed it up.  Protein always comes first - followed by fruits and veggies and empty carbs if any last.  I'm sure you know your protein goal and fat allottments for the day - if you don't - you'll need to call the nut for that.

Measure out 2-3 ounces of protein to start with.  See how you do.  If you can't fini**** fine.  If you can, fine.  Don't force yourself but try to get your protein in (it's a tricky balance game)

I think about that time I was eating 1/2 cup of less dense things, such as ricotta cheese, but could only get in about 2 ounces if that of things like chicken or beef or firm proteins.  That's why I did (and still do) rely on ricotta cheese, cheesesticks, yogurt as a big part of my protein intake each day.  Some say that the increased yogurts and dairy have a slow down on weight loss progression - for me this has not been true and am at the high end of my goal in under 9 mos, which I am more than happy about.  You have to find what works for your body.

Hope this helps.

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Gail M.
on 7/14/08 11:58 am - Scranton, PA

Katie,

I'm in the same situation.  Do you know if I need to have blood work done before my 3 mo appt.  My bloodwork paper is in my book....DUH!

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/08 12:01 pm

Gail

Yes we need to have blood work at the three month check up...call and they will fax you a cop y of what test they need to have completed for your three month. !

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/14/08 5:29 pm
Did you receive all of it?

ktreavis
on 7/14/08 9:06 pm - PA

Thanks so much Nan, I really appreciate it. See you tomorrow. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/14/08 9:11 pm
Some sections didn't go thru, I can't tell which ones.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views