Double Wow Moments

SPatel4
on 7/14/08 2:13 am - Levittown, PA

Okay every the big 40th birthday was yesterday and I took off last friday as an early treat for my birthday anyway I went to my Dr's office who has not seen me since March when I was just 2 months out of surgery and the nurse there is very friendly with me and she sees me coming in thru the door and stops dead in her tracks and her mouth is all open and says how thin and beautiful I looked. The nurse then goes in the back and tells other nurses who also knows me quite well how good I look so then they all gather around me and make a big deal about the weight loss all the patients then started looking at me. I was flattered but a little embarressed to make matters worse the doctor stopped in his tracks and told me how good I looked now he know what I have had done but still could not believe the transformation. It got me wondering though was I really that BIG and never realized it?? Then I go to the nail salon and the girl there has not seen in about 3 months as well and she gushes on and on about how good I looked. You know when you look at yourself everyday you don't see that much difference in your weight but other people can?? I am at the stage my husband never tells me that I lost so much weight he just tells me I look healthier but imagine me being SKINNY!! This was so incredible to me. ME who is always the fat friend the fat sister the fat daughter and the list goes on and on...Anyways thanks for listening everybody I just had to share this with you guys.

lauraanne715
on 7/14/08 3:02 am - Pottstown, PA
That is so great!!  Keep working hard!!  Wow moments are awesome!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 7/14/08 3:20 am - Boothwyn, PA

Happy 40th and major congrats on all of your recent wow moments - they always feel wonderful and each one is like a little present! Sounds like you've gone through a major transformation and are handling things beautifully - way to go! I'm with you on the 'fat daughter/sister/friend' thing - now that I'm really losing for the first time ever and dropping sizes all I hear is 'you're going to be smaller than me!' - I know they mean well when they say it, but does it mean I always had to be the 'fat' one? You know what? Not anymore! And I'm loving every minute of it - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
ronni5468
on 7/14/08 3:41 am - West Middlesex , PA

Congrats on your wow moment. can't wait for them.

Although my kids tell me that I cant get a wow moment if I tell everyone that I see that I had wls. lol I'm just so proud that I did it.  Keep up the good work.

Ronni

ronni5468
on 7/14/08 3:43 am - West Middlesex , PA

Oh and happy 40

Liz R.
on 7/14/08 4:03 am - Easton, PA

Congrats and Happy Birthday!

Oh and Ronni - you can tell the world and STILL have wow moments! I sure did and I tell everyone my story!

Except for a very small group of old high school friends who I will be seeing this saturday for the first time since before surgery - can't wait!

Liz

rivardstarr
on 7/14/08 5:26 am - phoenixville, PA

HOW EXCITING! tHOSE KIND OF WOW MOMENTS CAN KEEP YOU FLYING FOR WEEKS. i WISH YOU MANY MORE. It seems to me that a persons apperance seems to lose weight in chunks, even if the scale is steadily moving down., so folks who haven't seen you in awhile really see a great change! I wish you many more wow moments.

Chris

SPatel4
on 7/14/08 5:29 am - Levittown, PA

Thank you for your kind words. It certainly made me want to keep doing what I have been doing all along exercising and meeting my protein goals. Thanks again..

Pam Hart
on 7/14/08 5:34 am - Easton, PA

What a great way to celebrate your birthday!  Enjoy!  Keep up the great work!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Karen O.
on 7/14/08 6:58 am - Erie, PA

What a great 40th Birthday!!! I bet you were on top of the world and didn't stop smiling allll day long!!! Good for you!

K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views