New Poster

zoeyriv
on 7/13/08 9:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Hello everyone,
I dont think I ever posted on here before. I do the home romance parties (I do "those" parties... sex toys) and met someone from the board at my party yesterday. So I thought it was time to say hello!!!

I had my surgery on Feb 28 at Einstein in Elkins Park. It has been the best decision I have ever made. I havent had any problems, no complications, no pain. It has been great. The only minor problem I have had is the hair loss :-( but its still 100% worth it!!

I just turned 30 in April. I started this journey at 227 (I'm 5'2). I am currently at 161!! I have been giving myself small goals. Basically 10% of my weight. So I am almost at my 4th goal. My ultimate goal was to fit into these tiny 9/10 dresses that I had from express from a million years ago.... and I did it!!!! My clothes still arent that small yet but... I DID IT!!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Rachel

P.s. Now that I finally did my first post, I'll have to get some pics up here, lol.

Liz R.
on 7/13/08 10:18 pm - Easton, PA

WElcome Rachel! Sounds like you are doing great!

This board is the best....

Welcome Aboard!

Liz

zoeyriv
on 7/13/08 10:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Thanks Liz :-)

Patricia R.
on 7/13/08 10:22 pm - Perry, MI

Hi and welcome.

It does sound like you are doing great.  Keep up the good work.  The PA board is the best on the Web.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lauraanne715
on 7/13/08 10:29 pm - Pottstown, PA

Welcome!!  The Pa board is terrific!  You sound like you are doing great--keep up all the terrific work!!  Can't wait to hear more about your journey!  Welcome once again!!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 7/13/08 10:32 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Welcome Rachel! Glad to have another newbie on board. I'm with you on the hair loss - mine is so thin right now - scary! Hopefully I'm at the end of losing it and it will start coming back now. Sounds like you're doing terrific with your weight loss and surgery - keep up the great work! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 7/13/08 11:02 pm - Easton, PA

Rachael,

First of all, I love "those parties" hee hee.  You may hear from me!

More importantly though, welcome to the boards.  The pa forum is a great place to be, but I'm a little biased here!  I am actually a jersey girl who had surgery at Barix clinics in Langhorne, pa, so I post here.  My surgery was in October - so I'm just over 8 mos out.  My high weight was 235.  My surgery date weight was 219.  And my current weight is 236.  I agree - best decision of my life!

Sounds like you are doing an absolutely fabulous job!  a 9/10, huh?  Look at you go!

Looking forward to getting to know you - feel free to jump in to any conversation!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 7/14/08 12:03 am - Pottstown, PA

Pam--you meant your current weight is 136 right?? You can not possibly be bigger than you were  8 mos ago!!LOL  You know you are a tiny little thing now, right?!!

Just kidding with you!! Hope you have agood day!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

ronni5468
on 7/14/08 3:56 am - West Middlesex , PA

Pam,

I know that you have had a bad week, but was that a miss on the keys? It is 136 right? You had me nervous

Ronni

halfsister
on 7/13/08 11:09 pm - Irwin, PA

Welcome you will find a lot of great people here. great job so far on the weight loss. I too feel that my surgery was the best decision I ever made. keep up the good work and look forward to getting to know you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views