thanks for all the answers!

Gabi42
on 7/13/08 11:46 am - conshohocken , PA

It's SO helpful to come here to the people who have done it.... and get answers!  I talk about this alot with family... and i get really negative stuff back...  I mean jokes,  "u are going to look like a lolly pop, with that big head"   i get "well don't get too thin" i can't take it anymore, i swear that i want to scream....  then i come here, and everyones heard it before.....

i posted this in another thread but i wanted to make sure the people who answered get my thanks!

Pam Hart
on 7/13/08 12:38 pm - Easton, PA

And those same people will say "you ARE to thin" I get it now - from people who don't know I've had the surgery even.  And as far as the lolipop comment - well your head shrinks too (ok, your face gets thinner, but it appears your head has shrunk)

This place is a great place - I never would have made it without these wonderful people.

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 7/13/08 10:25 pm - Boothwyn, PA

People always think of Star Jones when they make the big head comments, but if you look at her now she's settled into her new body and looks great. You're going to be amazed at how many changes your body actually goes through - and it seems we do lose from the top down in the very beginning. I've weighed less than I weigh right now, but my face has never been this thin, so its kind of weird. But you stick to your guns - don't let the negative comments get you down, because soon people are going to be complimenting you all over the place, and if they aren't they're just jealous. People call me 'skinny' and 'slim' all the time - at 270 lbs I'm far from either, but I just smile and say thank you! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Gabi42
on 7/13/08 10:35 pm - conshohocken , PA

I always thought that i can't wait until i hear the ur too thin comments, now i am like SHUT UP!  My little son  said i am talking about it too much!  He is 10.... but he is sick of hearing about it...  OH well i am glad to have the boards...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views