One down 9 to go..liquid diet hell

tracyb330
on 7/13/08 11:19 am - Temple, PA

Well, I did it. I finished day one of my ten day liquid diet.

I had some close calls but thank God my husband was home to help. He was so encouraging. He also feed the kids so I didn’t have to be around food. That was a wonderful thing. Does this really get easier? Please tell me it does. It didn’t help that a neighbor was cooking something on the grill and it smelled so good. I thought I was going to cry…lol. I just came inside and make myself a protein shake. I heard the first day is the hardest and I pray that is true. Does anyone else use the unflavored protein??? If so, is it good?

Thanks.

5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
J. M.
on 7/13/08 12:28 pm

for me, the liquid diet was the hardest part of this whole thing. hang in there are just hope that the days go by quickly. you'll get through!

~ Jen   

Pam Hart
on 7/13/08 12:36 pm - Easton, PA

Tracy,

I didn't have to do the liquid diet but was on full liquids with one regular meal a day because I had gained weight.  I'm not sure if it ever got easier - but you get through it all the same.

By the way, I met your surgeon by chance at my recent over night at Barix and must say, was quite impressed by him.

Best of luck to you!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dawgpound215
on 7/13/08 1:43 pm - Philadelphia Area, PA

hey there tracy.......im on day 6 , started monday, it was really really hard til like friday.....i was ok most of the day but had headaches at night and was super irritable .....it passed and now im not hungry , no interest in the slim fast shakes im on here , just kinda numb to it all now and i have a weird peace about me now relating to food.....like i kicked a habit almost , like a fever broke.   Youll be fine be patient......i didnt think id make it this far and i know im gonna get there now.....pm if u wanna co-miserate...

dit657
on 7/13/08 10:22 pm - Boothwyn, PA

It does get easier - give it a couple of days - you'll have some nasty cravings the first few days but then they pass and you'll settle in to a routine with the broths and stuff. Just remember that its only 10 days, and then you'll be on your way to a much healthier life and lifestyle. And think of all the weight you'll lose prior to the surgery and how much easier the surgery will be! It is definitely worth it in the end. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Melanie B.
on 7/13/08 11:32 pm - Doylestown, PA
hang in there kiddo! You're paying your admission to the losers bench, think of it that way.

(I am SOOOOO glad I don't have Dr. Boe) (kidding) (sort of)

EileenWalton
on 7/13/08 11:45 pm

Hi Tracy.  UGH....the liquid diet is pure hell.  But you'll get through it.  After day 4 you won't be hungry anymore so it will be a lot easier.  Just be sure to get in at least 3 protein drinks a day.  By day 4 or 5 the shakes will keep you somewhat full.  Be sure to eat only low sodium broth.  Try buying real soup (not just broth) and then throw away the noodles, etc.  The broth is much  more tastier that  way.  Due to cir****tances beyond my control, I was on the liquid diet for 17 days and I got through it.  The best part was I lost 21 lbs. and Dr. Boe said I had the best looking liver he had every seen (LOL).  Hang in there kiddo.  It is all soooo worth it.

Eileen

tracyb330
on 7/14/08 12:09 am - Temple, PA

Thanks for all your support. Today is not so bad. I guess it's because I am at work. Being home was hard. I just have to keep myself busy. Maybe I should book some spa time...lol. I just know I only have 9 more days until my surgery. I am soooo excited. I can actually say, my surgery is next week....YEAH!!! I've waited soooo long for this. I guess it doesn't matter if I go under 40 for my BMI on my liquid diet, right???

5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Liz R.
on 7/14/08 1:23 am - Easton, PA

Tracy - I don't think that it matters at this point - everything is all approved and the more you loose the better and easier job Dr Boe has!

Hang in there and it will be here before you know it!

Liz

tammypa
on 7/14/08 1:44 am - Philadelphia, PA

Tracy, Yes the 10 days of liquids is pure hell. Try to keep some variety going - the jello, the ice pops etc. Try to mix your unflavored protein powder with some crystal lite flavors that u like. Don't think about it as 10 days. I just kept thinking of it as one day - if I can make it until lunch, then I can make it until dinner, etc. Each day does get easier . Tammy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views