Thank yous out the WAZOO!!!

bubble273
on 7/13/08 2:22 am - Levittown, PA

Well, as I said yesterday in roll call, it was going to be a HUGE day for me and my family.  My mom past away 7 years ago and we have a memorial BBQ in her honor every year.  So all of my family and friends were going to be there.  Most of my family has seen my progression pictures but haven't seen me in person.  And I knew the thank yous were going to be insane.

And I was right.  I must have said "thank you" 500 times.  Everyone's mouths were dropping as soon as they saw me.  And I must have heard "hey skinny" 500 times also.  I just laugh at that and say "oh, yeah right."  But it's funny to hear "skinny" and "bones".  My mother-in-law is famous for the bones remark.  I always say to myself, ah, do they see all the damn flab on me still?  But really they do not.  They see me for me and they don't see me for what I see.  Don't get me wrong, I see the difference, how can I not.  But I see the flaws is the problem and they don't.  They just could not get over how much I have lost and how great they think I look.

So, anyway, it was a great day and I was happy to say thank you, but I felt like I was repeating myself all day.  But I was laughing inside with joy and even cried at one point when my cousin came.  He and my mom were first cousins and the best of friends as any cousins could be.  And we always have a little tear together when we see each other and talk about my mom.  It was a special day of remembrance for my mom and also a day of happiness and proudness for me and my family.

Oh, and my cousin was there who also had the surgery and we took pictures of us sitting in those lovely white lawn chairs that we could never fit in that everyone and their mother seems to have in their back yard.  If I knew how to include it in the post here, I would.  But I'm a computer dummy.  So I will post it on my profile.  We even took a side view picture of us, because we look best from the side

Have a great Sunday!!

Karen

Patricia R.
on 7/13/08 2:47 am - Perry, MI

I am glad you were able to have a good time with your family, and enjoy all the attention.  That is neat.  Keep up the great work.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 7/13/08 3:56 am - Easton, PA

Sounds like a great day Karen!  Glad you could enjoy it!!  Yep - we all see the flaws everyone else doesn't - oh well - hopefully with everyone telling us how great we look we'll learn!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ktreavis
on 7/13/08 6:11 am - PA

I am really glad you had a good day!!!! You have definitely had some trials along the way but perseverance is our key. Have a great day. - Katie

Progress not perfection

dit657
on 7/13/08 9:32 am - Boothwyn, PA

Sounds like you had a fantastic day, Karen - I'm so happy for you! Seems like you had a great day for a picnic and for showing off the new you! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
EileenWalton
on 7/13/08 10:33 am

Good Lord woman....who cares about the flaws.  Go take a look at your day before surgery pictures and then look at your most recent pics.  You look absolutely incredible.  That's what everyone sees.  You have had such a successful journey so far.  Congrats!

Eileen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views