I think I dumped...

J. M.
on 7/13/08 10:56 am

LOL....thank you!

~ Jen   

Gail M.
on 7/13/08 12:43 am - Scranton, PA

Laura,

This was happening to me all the time in the beginning of my solid food phase.  It feels the the back strap of your bra is choking you and the only relief you get is to puke.  Well after several bouts of this I step back and evaluated my eating habits.  #1 I was taking too much food in my mouth.  I had to cut back on the amount of food on my fork.  I backed up and started with just a tiny, tiny bit.  #2 I then started counting my chews.  Yes I now chew everything that goes into my mouth 30 times.

Try these two things and see if they help you.

Gail

lauraanne715
on 7/13/08 4:18 am - Pottstown, PA

Gail--

Excellent advice that I will definitely be taking as I eat from now on!  Thank you so much!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 7/13/08 9:25 am - Boothwyn, PA

Definitely foamies, honey - and they're nasty - I got my worst case on fish, too - I was so bummed - my brother was up from Florida and made his special fish for us - I took 2 bites and was done in. Thank god it does pass, but it hurts and makes you miserable for a while. Glad you're feeling better. Kathy PS: The foamies do get better after the 3 month mark...Dr Boe told me that and he's right.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lauraanne715
on 7/13/08 10:10 pm - Pottstown, PA

Kathy--

Good to know there is a time for when it will pass!  I am just going to be more cautious and really pay attention to my tummy and what it is telling me.  Thanks for the advice!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/13/08 3:30 pm
This is typical.  You experienced pouch rejection.  You may tolerate foods differently everytime you eat them or randomly.  The best thing to do to make yourself feels better is to chew a sugarfree peppermint chiclet.  Just chew it for about 10 minutes and the acids will calm down.  Pepermint is a know digestive aid.  I never go anywhere without it.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

lauraanne715
on 7/13/08 10:07 pm - Pottstown, PA

Nan-

You are so smart!  That is a good idea!  When I was at Barix and still felt nauseus (sp?) the nurses gave me peppermint tea and it helped.  I will keep in mind in case it happens again!! Thank you!!

Much luv!

Laura

Laura

Liz R.
on 7/13/08 10:27 pm - Easton, PA

Laura - I know you have gotten a ton of great advice here but I had one more to add... if something is too dry I get this feeling too - still now at almost 18 months out.

Best of Luck!

Liz

lauraanne715
on 7/13/08 10:35 pm - Pottstown, PA

Liz--

Thanks for the advice!  I will keep that in mind as I try new foods and make sure I don't get sick again!!  Thank you!!

Laura

Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views