I think I dumped...

lauraanne715
on 7/12/08 11:03 am - Pottstown, PA

Hey everyone !!

Well I am feeling better now but earlier this evening I measured out my little bit of fish and crab meat no garnish or cream or tartar sauce just plain...since I just started back on regular foods.  I thought I chewed long enough and ate slowly but about halfway through it I got this tight feeling in my chest, my pouch felt all  out of sorts, and my mouth started to get the watery feeling you get before you throw up..  sorry for the ew factor there.  I had to lay on the couch for 45 mins to an hour...feeling gross and not able to throw up. 

So was this dumping?  What did I do wrong so I can avoid it...or was it the fish?  But I ate the fish while I was on soft foods because it was soft and flaky and I was fine....any insights would be most appreciated!!!!

All I can say was it was the worst feeling and I hope to avoid it in the future.  Thanx for your help!!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

retta0426
on 7/12/08 11:11 am - Middletown, PA

Laura,

Sounds almost like you either ate to fast, or didn't chew enough, or maybe even both?

Hugs

lauraanne715
on 7/12/08 9:36 pm - Pottstown, PA

Maybe  I thought I was slow enough but maybe I didn't realize it.  I am still new at it so today I will def be eating waaayyy slower!!  Thanks!!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

Pam Hart
on 7/12/08 11:26 am - Easton, PA

Laura,

Doesn't sound quite like dumping - sounds more like just a full "prissy pouch" as I called it.  I don't know the real name for it - I just know sometimes, especially earlier out, foods I tolerated one day didn't sit well another - and then would be fine again.

Hope you continue to feel better!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 7/12/08 9:39 pm - Pottstown, PA

Pam--

"Prissy Pouch"...I like it!! But yes...I think maybe I didn't tolerate the fish the second time I tried it.  But I am just going to be eating very slow and really pay attention to what my tummy says!!

Hope you are doing well and feeling better!!

Thanx!!

Much luv!

Laura

Laura

Shannon O.
on 7/12/08 12:17 pm - Reading, PA
That is how I feel when something blocks in my tummy... like it sticks in there just before it moves out... and ugh... if I could puke it would be better... I have had it happen every time I have ate ground turkey meat... after 3 times I said screw it... it is beef all the way lol...

I find it helps to lay on my side (for me it is my left side) and it passes in about 10 to 15 mins...

Try again later with the fish... and then the crab... both at different times... your tummy might not like one of them... if so... stay away lol... because I screwed the crap out of the turkey and it still did it... once after just one tiny bite!

lauraanne715
on 7/12/08 9:42 pm - Pottstown, PA

Shannon--

I sooooo wanted to throw up but there was nothing happening in that department. Laying on my side is exactly what I did too!  You are right maybe I should not have mixed both the fish and the crab together.  Next time I will separate them and try them on separate occasions.

Thanx for the insight!!

Much luv!

Laura

Laura

J. M.
on 7/12/08 3:31 pm

I believe the call this the foamies.

I had a real tough time in my first 6 months. Chew well, eat slowly and make sure whatever you eat is not too dry.

Over time your pouch will adjust and/or you'll figure out what agrees and doesnt.

Hang in there!

~ Jen   

lauraanne715
on 7/12/08 9:45 pm - Pottstown, PA

Thank you!  I am really going to py attention to my chewing and make sure that I am not going too fast.  I hope to be able to figure it all out with time !  But it is good to know I am not alone in having issues like this! 

Thank you!!

Laura

Laura

rita61677
on 7/13/08 3:29 am - Philadelphia, PA

thread hijack - Jen I love the new pic - absoluelty beautiful!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views