hi all (again)

Shan08
on 7/12/08 10:23 am - the Skook, PA

I say 'again' because I was here a few months ago, but ended up deleting my account due to frustration.  I get 'weird' sometimes

So anyway, I have completed the loong pre-op program at Geisinger (Danville, PA)... and I got a sugery date yesterday!!  It will be August 11th!!  ((so scared AND excited))

I'm a married mom of 3 (daughter 8, and 5 yr-old boy/girl twins).  I work full-time as a teen counselor at an alternative ed. program. 

I look forward to getting to know you all.  And I want to hear that bad just as much as I want to hear the good (last time I was here, someone consistently made people feel awful if they had problems or concerns with wls).

Thanks guys...

Sincerely,

Shannon

lauraanne715
on 7/12/08 10:35 am - Pottstown, PA

Shannon --Hello and Welcome to the PA board!! I am sorry to hear you had a not so good experience last time you were on OH but you will find we are a pretty nice and supportive bunch!!

As you can probally tell I am a big fan of the PA board.  Everyone has been supportive and caring and have gotten me through many a nervous, scared time here. 

I hope all goes well with your surgery and that you will keep us posted !! Take care!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

halfsister
on 7/12/08 10:46 am - Irwin, PA

Welcome welcome. I can see how these boards are frustrating- to me they are so massive and people do alot of reading and not alot of posting responses. I try not to do that but sometimes it happens. I hope things are better this time for you.

Very exciting about your surgical date. I know once I made my decision I was so ready to have it done. I look forward to getting to know you.

Leanne~

Pam Hart
on 7/12/08 9:40 pm - Easton, PA

Shannon,

Welcome back.  I'm not sure if the problems you had with the boards were on the pa one or one of the main ones - I haven't seen to much putting down on this board.

We are a great group - like a family.  There are people here to tell it like it is - and sometimes we need that too.

We have people of all "stages" here - from just starting the insurance hoops to 2-3 years post op.

Congrats on your date - that's awesome!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shan08
on 7/12/08 11:47 pm - the Skook, PA

Thanks gals

dit657
on 7/13/08 9:21 am - Boothwyn, PA

Welcome back!! Take it slow and easy - ease your way in - congrats on your surgery date - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tracyb330
on 7/13/08 10:58 am - Temple, PA

Hi Shannon,

Welcome back. I can see how these boards can get to you. I like to stay in the PA forum or the main one. Some of the others can be pretty bad. It seems like all they want is Drama. They act like a bunch of teenagers. Just stay here and you should be fine. I am having my surgery July 23rd. I had to start my liquied diet today. One down 9 to go... Well, good luck.

5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
ronni5468
on 7/13/08 1:17 pm - West Middlesex , PA

Tracy july 23 is my sons bday. congrats on your date I will be thinking about you. and waiting for you on the losers bench. ronni

ronni5468
on 7/13/08 1:19 pm - West Middlesex , PA

Welcome Shannon

Congrats on your date. I love It here everyone is so nice and helpfull.

Ronni

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views