Newbie - Bensalem

rdy2looz
on 7/11/08 12:17 pm - Bensalem, PA

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and to introduce myself.  I have done all of the pre-op testing and now have my app'ts for the psych eval and nutritional counseling.  These two app'ts are at the end of this month. 

I am married with two kids who are 13 and 1.  I am originally from Louisiana and have been in PA for 3 years now. 

I have been reading a lot of the posts and feel so encouraged that everyone here is so supportive.  Helps me to know that I'm not the only person who has health problems and wants to get healthy.  My neice who lives in Colorado had WLS in 2005 and has lost over 100lbs and she is, right now, my inspiration. 

Suzette

bubble273
on 7/11/08 12:58 pm - Levittown, PA

Welcome, Suzette!!  Congratulations on getting this far.  This board is great and you will learn sooooooooo much and feel sooooooooo supported.  I see that you're going to have your surgery down at Temple.  But if you're ever in need of support, you can always attend support meetings at Barix Clinics in Langhorne.  A lot of people from these boards have had their surgery at Barix and attend the monthly meetings.  So you are more than welcome.  You don't have to have had surgery at Barix to attend the meetings.

The preop meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of every month @ 7:00 p.m. in the Barix lobby.  And postop meetings are the 3rd Wednesday of every month same time.

Again, welcome and good luck in your WL journey!!

Karen

rdy2looz
on 7/12/08 5:44 am - Bensalem, PA

Thanks for the info about the support groups.  Driving to Langhorne for the support groups is definitely more convenient than driving down to Temple!!  I was wondering if there were any closer to me.  Thanks again for the info.

Suzette

lauraanne715
on 7/11/08 10:48 pm - Pottstown, PA

Welcome to the PA Board!

This is the best board on OH as far as I am concerned!  You will find lots of support and advice here from the most inspiring people!  As you can probally tell I am a huge fan of our board here!!

Keep us posted on your progress and your surgery day will be here before you know it!!!

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

rdy2looz
on 7/12/08 5:54 am - Bensalem, PA

Thanks for the welcome.  I really appreciate it.  As soon as I finish up with the nutritionist and psychologist I am to wait two weeks and then I get a tentative surgery date.  I can't wait.  As soon as I know something I will let you and everyone else know.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Suzette

Marlo71
on 7/12/08 2:43 am - Harrisburg, PA

Hello and Welcome!  I am also fairly new, I have all my testing done as well and now just wait for my meeting with the Nutritionist on July 28th and then hopefully will get a surgery date.  So, looks like we are similar in our timeframes!  I also lived in Baton Rouge for 4 years while my mom went to LSU and loved it there.  I am still a HUGE Saints and LSU tigers fan! AND my Father lives in Colorado!  lol    Well I wish you luck with everything and please keep in touch!

-Marlo 

rdy2looz
on 7/12/08 5:51 am - Bensalem, PA

Only time I had been to Baton Rouge was on a school field trip with my daughter about 5 years ago and visited the state capitol and zoo.  Other than that I have only driven through Baton Rouge.  What part of Colorado does your dad live in?  My neice lives in Greeley and my nephew is in Littleton.   

Does sound like we are in similar waiting periods.  My app'ts are for July 29, which will last pretty much all day.  Good thing, I didn't want to drive into Phila anymore than necessary.  Once I finish with my appointments I am told to wait about 2 weeks and give them a call back and then I will be given a tentative surgery date.  I can't wait!! 

Good luck to you also.

Suzette

rdy2looz
on 7/12/08 5:39 am - Bensalem, PA

Thank you so much for the welcome.  Really nice of everyone to respond!! 

Suzette

halfsister
on 7/12/08 10:55 am - Irwin, PA

Welcome. I am fairly new to the boards since I am only 4 months out since my surgery. I only joined after my surgery. but everyone is very helpful here. Look forward to getting to know you.

Pam Hart
on 7/12/08 9:37 pm - Easton, PA

Suzette,

Welcome to the boards!  This is a fantastic opportunity for learning and support!!  Sounds like you are on the right path!  It can be a little difficult playing the insurance waiting game and what not and all the appointments you have to go through - but it is worth it.

I'm 27, had surgery when I was 26 (two mos before I turned 27)  I had mild sleep apnea, hypertension, joint problems, and was a pre diabetic.  I no longer have the hypertension, sleep apnea, and my blood sugars are within normal limits.  I also have much more energy and don't have as much joint pain.  It's been a great ride. 

If you've been reading the boards you know about my recent issues - and I don't want that to scare you away from anything.  I still would do this all over again no questions asked.

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views