Curves or something better?

cleos_mom
on 7/11/08 1:08 pm - phila., PA

Hi

I went to curves for a couple of years and I liked it.It really helped me in the begining because I was not fit and the excercise routine was not hard I think it is very good for people that are just begining to excercise.

Did you go to Galloway Rd in Bensalem? the people there are very nice. and Curves is all women which is nice .

Susan

bubble273
on 7/11/08 1:35 pm - Levittown, PA

Tara,

You're better off going to Planet Fitness.  I've heard, like Kathy said, after a while Curves doesn't do much for you anymore.  Your body basically just becomes accustomed to the same thing and you should need to change up your workouts every now and then.  I belong to Planet Fitness and I think it's great.  There are no contracts...you can back out whenever you want.  There are two different memberships. One is $10 and the other is $20. I belong to the one in Langhorne.  And if Kathy said there's one in Trevose, that is close to you.

They closed the Lucille Roberts in Bensalem, so you'd have to go to the one on the Boulevard at Borbeck.  And they're a biotch to cancel their memberships.  I wouldn't even bother with them.

Good luck and let us know what you choose to do.  Take care.

Karen

EileenWalton
on 7/11/08 10:32 pm

I belonged to Curves early out and I enjoyed it, until I showed up one day and they had closed down.  That same day I joined a small for-women-only gym and realized all that Curves did NOT offer.  First of all, the gym cost was the same as Curves (Curves is a little pricey for what they offer).  Also, Shannon is right, you really need to incorporate weights into your exercise routine to get the most benefit out of exercise.  If you live near Franklin Mills there is a new gym opening in the next few weeks called Retrofit.  I believe they are very reasonable (I think 22.00 per month) and even offer babysitting, so you and hubby can go and bring the kids.  Good Luck!

Eileen

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/12/08 3:00 am
Your best bet for this weather is swimming and walking.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views