Had My 6 week Post Op Check up!!

lauraanne715
on 7/11/08 12:58 am - Pottstown, PA
Hey Everyone!! Well I saw Dr.P yesterday for my 6 week check up...and I was down another 10lbs (I guess the stall ended!!LOL) so that makes it for me 30 lbs since surgery...34 lbs if I count the lbs I lost right before surgery. Yippee!!! Dr.P said everything looked good...I am doing more excersise now but she only wants me to excersise once a day and not get crazy with it.  I just have so much energy than ever before it is crazy.  I told her that my knees and hips don't hurt anymore and she said that is great.  She wants me to use the CPAP until I lose 30 more lbs so I will do that even though it annoys the heck out of me!LOL  I start my URSO for the gallbladder next week and am hitting my other supplements everyday.  She seemed pleased with my progress and I was too!! Hubby embarrassed me a little when he asked if we could have a lovelife again...I Didn't know when we could start!! LOL  I blushed soooooo red even DR.P laughed and said we were good to go!  She also told hubby he looked like he lost weight too!! I love her!! The NUT said it was good that I am hitting my protein goals so yay!  I finally figured out that just mixing the EAS protein powder in my skim milk like chocolate milk makes it easier for me to drink....blending it made it too foamy and yuk.  So I drink my protein drink every morning and that really helps me start the day right and get my protein in.  NUT also said food choices were good but to be careful as I move to real food on Saturday and rember to chew chew chew!!! So it was a good check up!!!! I am so glad I did this and hope that all continues to be well!!  Thank you for al your help and support!! Much luv!! Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 7/11/08 1:38 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congrats on such a fantastic post-op appt - always feels good walking out of the knowing things are working like they should and you're doing what you're supposed to do. I like you idea of just mixing the portein powder into the milk - I have a hard time with the foaminess in the AM and never thought of that, but will now - thanks for that tip! Hubby's - aren't they something - its all about them!! Glad to hear you're doing so well and kudos on the weight loss - you're doing great!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lauraanne715
on 7/12/08 11:59 pm - Pottstown, PA

Kathy-

I haven't felt this good about myself in looong time! So walking out from the appt and knowing I did good was a phenomenal feeling!  I know about the hubby he is very happy now that he has the Dr.  approval...LOL !!!  Thank you for the compliments!!  I saw your pics and you look marvelous!!! It's a whole new life for us all isn't it?!  Take care!

Much luv!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

EileenWalton
on 7/11/08 2:24 am
Hi Laura.  Sounds like things are going well.  Congrats on the great checkup and on the 34lbs gone (yes, you absolutely should count those 4 lbs lost before surgery!)
Eileen

lauraanne715
on 7/12/08 11:55 pm - Pottstown, PA

Thank you!!

I am totally going to count the 4 lbs from pre surgery too from now on!!! Thanx!!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura

New_Beginnings_36
on 7/11/08 2:53 am - PA

Laura, Congrats on having such a great check-up! I'm so glad everything is going well for you :) Talk to you soon.....Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
lauraanne715
on 7/12/08 11:54 pm - Pottstown, PA

Stefanie-

You are doing amazing by the way!!!!  But thank you for the support and good wishes!!  It helps me feel like I can do this!  Talk to you soon!!

Much luv!!

Laura 

Laura

kat19136
on 7/12/08 10:19 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Awesome Laura, Congrats on your success so far!!  Glad to hear you are doing so well.  I am guessing after this you and Hubby had a fun weekend!!  

Keep up the good work!

~Kat~     ~hw-305~cw-130~gw-140   my DS!!  www.dsfacts.com

lauraanne715
on 7/12/08 11:52 pm - Pottstown, PA

Thanks !!  As for me and hubby it was a "good weekend" let's say!! LOL  Thanx again for your support!!

Laura

Laura

Pam Hart
on 7/12/08 11:30 pm - Easton, PA

Laura,

Sounds like your 6 week check up went great!  Funny you should mention the love life thing - because I asked at my 2 week appointment and hubby was with me - and HE was the one who got all red in the face.  Enjoy!

Glad you found a way to make your protein shakes to a point where you tolerate them.  I'm sure at some point Dr. P will tell you she prefers you to get all your protein in from food - but at this early out - it's ok to supplement and I sometimes still do with bars or shakes on occasion.  Best of luck!

Continue your great successing!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views