Had my PAT's today....

tracyb330
on 7/10/08 11:42 am - Temple, PA
Well, I was there for 4 hours and 15 mins. I was STARVING by the time I left. Everything went well and I am so excited about my surgery. I got 2 big tubes of protein drinks because I have to start my liquid diet Sunday and have to do it for 10 days. I pray that I can get thru it. I know I just have to keep myself busy so I don't think about food too much. I am so excited....13 days until my surgery. YEAH!!!!
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Pam Hart
on 7/10/08 11:45 am - Easton, PA
Tracy, Good luck with the liquid diet.  It sucks!!  But you'll get through it.  Go for lots of walks and what not if you need to in order to get away from the food!!  Glad everything went well. Just as an fyi - you may find after surgery those same protein powders taste like crap.  Just the way our bodies revolt!! You'll be on the bench in no time. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 7/10/08 9:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hang tough Tracy cause there's a big payoff at the end.  You're gonna do great! Dennis 
dit657
on 7/10/08 9:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Tracy - glad you're thru your PATs - it can be a long day due to nerves and everything else. I had Dr Boe and the 10 day clear liquid diet as well - what got me thru it was buying good canned soup - lo-sodium, and draining the broth off of it and having that - it has a lot more flavor than regular broth and since that's all you're having (and jello, etc) its worth the extra $$. The first couple of days are the toughest but then your body adjusts and its more your mind than anything. Just keep this in mind - I lost 17 pounds on that 10 day liquid diet and was thrilled about it - so was Dr. Boe. I really think it helped me a lot in my surgery and recovery, because I had very little pain afterwards. So best of luck to you - post and vent to us if you want to about liquids - we all understand! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Melanie B.
on 7/10/08 10:36 pm - Doylestown, PA
Tracy!!!!! i must have misssed your post on your date! i am so stinking jealous you are having it so soon.

Best of luck, let me know if you need anything, I work 10 minutes away from Barix.

My PATs are on 8/27 and i am oh so not looking forward to them. However on the upside I dont have to be subjected to Dr. Boe's 10 day liquid torture test. But as Dennis said, hang tough. and not to mention you're going to get a nice jump start on losing.

tracyb330
on 7/10/08 11:50 pm - Temple, PA

Thanks for the support and advise. Kathy, that's a good idea about the soup. I didn't even think of that. I am going shopping today and will pick some real soup up. My kids only like the noodles so it will work out well.  17 pounds in 10 days....WOW, that is great. I hope I have similar results. I did gain 10 pounds since Jan and they told me I had to have that off or he won't do the surgery. I am not worried because it's my TOM so I know 5-7 will come off in a few days and then much more after the liquied diet. I won't be at the support meeting next week but I will definetly be there in August...I will be smaller too. Now all I have to do is update my pictures. I have to show the real me instead of hiding behind my little ones. Thanks again for all your support and advise. Tracy.

5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views