Underestimated my RNY

ktreavis
on 7/9/08 8:18 am - PA
So after I got my date back for my surgery I went out and bought myself a pair of "goal" jeans. Today I took my mom shopping and was looking through the clearance racks for a pair of shorts for an outdoor event for Saturday. So low and behold I tried on a pai of shorts that were in my goal size and they fit. I don't think I have worn a size 14 since I was in elementary school. Then I came home and tried on my "goal" jeans and they fit. Now, I wouldn't go wearing them in public yet, but I can get them on without trouble. I am so glad I made this decision. I wouldn't change it for anything. Thanks to everyone on the PA board who has inspired me so much. I wouldn't be this far along without the help of everyone here. Now, I need some more goals.   - Katie

Progress not perfection

rivardstarr
on 7/9/08 9:15 am - phoenixville, PA
Katie, What a great wow moment. Isn't buying clothing in smaller sizes the best? I hope you enjoy many more wow moments, reaching new goals. Chris
New_Beginnings_36
on 7/9/08 10:11 am - PA
Way to go Katie! Congrats! Can't wait to see you next week :).....Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Dennis Belk
on 7/9/08 10:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
Ohh Yeah Katie, you're gonna need a whole lotta goals... and you'll make them all. Just do you're best to stay on the road this first year for maximum weight loss and then live a balanced life making the best choices you can everyday. You're doin great! Dennis
Pam Hart
on 7/9/08 10:23 am - Easton, PA
And to think - those jeans will be falling off of you in no time!!  It's an amazing journey!  Keep up the great work! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 7/9/08 10:24 am - Easton, PA
And to think - those jeans will be falling off of you in no time!!  It's an amazing journey!  Keep up the great work!Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 7/9/08 11:20 am - Pottstown, PA
Katie- What a great WOW moment and then some!!  You are such an inspiration...I hope to be doing as well as you in a few months!  You go girl and rock those new jeans!!  You are doing so great!  WOW for you!! Much luv!! Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Laureen S.
on 7/9/08 11:51 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Katie, That has to be one of those really awesome WOW moments.  You should be very proud of yourself for all the hard work that has gone into getting yourself to those size 14 jeans!   Wishing you many more such moments! Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

sbrunell
on 7/9/08 12:59 pm - Bensalem, PA
I have had the same thing happen to me....I bought some new pants, and saw a pair at Sam's club...for $6.  I've never been able to buy my clothes there, since their Plus Size clothing selection was so sparse... But I started at a 54" waist...and bought a pair of 46" jeans (the largest regular sized pants they and most stores carry).....yesterday, for ****s and giggles, I tried them on.... They went on, and I can wear them, as long as I am willing NOT to sit or breathe.....but they went on!
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

bubble273
on 7/9/08 8:15 pm - Levittown, PA
Wooooohooooo, Katie!!!  That is fantastic.  I know just how you feel.  I didn't buy anything "goal" to fit into, but everytime I try on something smaller I say THANK YOU to Barix.  Like you, I'm extremely happy with my decision to go for WLS and wouldn't change a thing either.  Maybe only that I did it sooner.  But every day I'm blessed now and living a fuller life than I ever have. Keep those WOW moments coming!!!  We all love hearing about them.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views