Double Double Wow Wow!!

dit657
on 7/8/08 10:37 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Monday afternoon I had an appointment with my asthma/allergy doctor - haven't seen him in 2 years altho I saw his partner last year. He was amazed at the changes in me and very pleased with my weight loss and the fact that I had WLS. So my first WOW moment came when I went into the little room to wait for him and FIT into his little tiny chairs!! In the past I have had to sit on the exam table because I literally could not fit between the arms of the chairs in his exam rooms (how embarrassing ). But this time I FIT! My second WOW moment came when he told me my breathing test was great and he was cutting me back on my Advair to once a day (instead of twice), and after 2 weeks to stop it all together, then come see him in 6 weeks to see how I'm doing. If my breathing test is still okay then I'm off it completely. He said we would then see about going off the Singular - he doesn't want to stop everything all at once. So I was a very happy girl - I was on the lowest dosage of Advair but its still a sterioid and not something I want in my body if I dont' have to have it! So that was my Double Double Wow Wow moment for Monday!! Cheers - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
megan B.
on 7/8/08 11:08 pm - Shippensburg, PA
Congratulations. The chair experience is very exciting. I hate having to wonder if I'll fit places although I'm looking forward to that getting easier. Also I used to take advair and actually went off it over a year ago before my surgery but it's always great to know your body is doing what it is supposed to be doing without extra help. Good luck with reducing your singulair as well. Megan
CherylT
on 7/8/08 11:09 pm - Perkasie, PA

Awesome!

jackie j
on 7/9/08 2:50 am - Glenmoore, PA
Awesome job Kathy! and I imagine with less steroids in the system that can only help the weight loss.   Keep up the good work!
New_Beginnings_36
on 7/9/08 5:13 am - PA
Congrats Kathy! That is terrific news!! Maybe one day I can come off my asthma meds too :)........Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
DebiMcK23
on 7/9/08 6:50 am - Aston, PA

YEAH YEAH on the DOUBLE DOUBLE WOW WOW moment!

303/197/153

rivardstarr
on 7/9/08 9:42 am - phoenixville, PA
Congrats! One less medication to spend money on! Chris
Pam Hart
on 7/9/08 10:27 am - Easton, PA
What a great day you had!  That is a double wow - and I'm very excited for you!! Goes to show you how far you have really come!  Less meds is always something worth jumping for joy over!! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views