Aging Blues

SPatel4
on 7/9/08 3:17 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Everyone, Just feeling blue today. My big 4-oh Birthday is this Sunday. Suffice to say am not looking forward to it. I though I took it hard when I turned 30 but this is far more depressing. The only thing that makes me feel good is that I will look fabulous at 40 as I never looked in my 20's still the though is depressing. My kids already treat me like senior citizen..LOL
Laureen S.
on 7/9/08 3:24 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Sorry you're feeling blue about the aging thing, as someone who is 53 and feels better than I did in either my 30s or 40s now, all I can say to you is the mindset is what keeps you young, I've never truly felt my age, other than the way my weight weighed me down and kept me from living the way I wanted to live.  Yeah, kids will make us feel old, if we let them. . .  heck I have 4 grandkids, oldest of which is 10, and sweetie, I'm not feelling much like a granny these days ;)  Do something special for yourself for your birthday and I'm sending you a great big hug! Happy B-Day, us Cancer's are pretty cool people! Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

SPatel4
on 7/9/08 3:26 am - Levittown, PA
Thank you so much. Hubby is taking me to a nice restaurant and will order kids size meal and have a sugar free treat!!
Shannon O.
on 7/9/08 7:06 am - Reading, PA
Well beat your kids... tell them to treat you like a queen now or you will get even when you are a real senior citizen mahahahaha...

But, I'm turning 34 this Saturday... so happy birthday to us...

But you need to do something for you... get a new hair cut, get the nails done, or whatever makes you feel pretty, nice, relaxed etc... then tell the hubbs you want new undies... hehehe... but enjoy your birthday and milk it for all it is worth lol...

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/08 7:35 am
Age is but a number and mind set...I turned 40 on April 4th and it has been the wildest ride of my life so far. I embraced turning 40 somany great things have happen I think alot is my over all mindset.  Buy something special to wear when you go to dinner with the hubby and enjoy the night!
Arlene E.
on 7/9/08 11:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
Happy Birthday. Enjoy and take it from me - life actually improves with age. We get wiser, more confident and us RNY people look better than ever. Arlene
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views