5 day pouch test

Donna_in_PA
on 7/9/08 1:58 am - Lansdale, PA
I'm sorry to be asking this question - because I noticed it was a topic about a month or so ago and I didn't see a "search" feature to get me to those posts (so it'll probably be a rerun).  Anyway, I would like to try this out next week and I'm good with the first three days of what to eat.  But on day 4 and 5 you eat soft protein and dense protein respectively.  Do you eat anything else?  For instance, can you have a salad with your meat?  Can you mix a soft protein (e.g., soft boiled egg) for breakfast with your meat on day 5?  I want to make sure I'm doing this right.  If it's just meat meat meat on day 4 and day 5, I'm ok with that.  IJust making sure I'm not missing something here. Thanks!

Donna

jackie j
on 7/9/08 2:45 am - Glenmoore, PA
WHY would you be trying this?   The 5-day is a program for folks a year out or so out to get them back into "just post-op form" and out of the carb cycling that is derailing them.   I've heard of a few at 9mos that were letting carbs creep back in having tried this but at  4 mos. post op there is no way you should be doing this.   Your diet is restrictive enough.   You should only be concerned with getting IN the right nutrients, your vitamins and continuing your healing.   Vitamin deficiency is nothing to mess with.   If you are concerned you are not losing as fast as you thought you would you need to relax, put away the scale, get out the tape measure and just follow your guidelines for diet, exercise and vitamins.  The weight will fall off but for some it come in fits and spurts.  
Donna_in_PA
on 7/9/08 3:15 am - Lansdale, PA
From what I understood it can also be done simply for a cleansing and if you are at a weight loss plateau.  I am not concerned that I am not losing quickly enough - actually I'm thrilled to death with what I have lost!   I fully intend to follow up with my daily nutrients as well as making sure I get in all of my required protein, vitamins and exercise daily.

Donna

Liz R.
on 7/9/08 3:27 am - Easton, PA
Donna - I was one of the ones that was doing the 5 day pouch test. I would say that if you want to get back to basis thats great but at this stage in the game I don't think that the full thing is the best idea - you can always call the surgeon and ask. To answer your question, yes you can have veggies. If you google "5 day pouch test" all of the "rules" will be on one of those sites. Let me warn you it isn't easy!! Best of luck! Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views