***Wednesday Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 7/8/08 7:44 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone, Happy Humpday.  I am exhausted today.  I had a really intense day at the hospital yesterday, and then was out till 11:00 last night for an appointment.  I woke up with leg cramps this morning, which tells me I did not drink enough water yesterday.  Hmmmm. Today I am heading back to the hospital.  Then, I hope to get in an AA meeting.  Then, home to crash, and find some jewelry I bought from my daughter.  She sells Silpada jewelry at homeshows, and is doing a show on Friday and would like to display some of mine.  Problem is, I took my jewelry with me on a trip and I can't locate my travel jewelry pouch, because I am so disorganized in my bedroom.  So, I promised I would look tonight.   Well, it is supposed to be a sticky, icky day today, so stay hydrated. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

kat19136
on 7/8/08 8:58 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish and everyone....I am dragging today as well as I went to the John Mellencamp concert last night here in Philly....(which was awesome!!) and I had to be in work at 6 a.m.  Oh boy...I am surprised I made it!! LOL!  I am not as young as I think I am!   I have been away from the board for a while so I though I would check in with all today on the roll call, hopefully I can be around more often as work calms down.  We have been shorthanded and I have been to busy to goof off... and be here, LOL.   Well have a good day everyone!!

~Kat~     ~hw-305~cw-130~gw-140   my DS!!  www.dsfacts.com

Liz R.
on 7/8/08 9:21 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning PA! Yesterday was a busy day here too - we were understaffed. Luckily everyone is back today. I am hurting this morning. On sunday I re-injured my lower back getting out of a chair (I know I really want a good story of how it happened! LOL) but tis the truth. Dr put me on prednisone to help with the inflammation, I feel so flushed and "full"/bloated today. It is going to be a LONG day between that and the pain. Oh well - what doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? Today I am just at work, then I am either going to see my grandfather in the hospital (he had a mechanical heart valve and an artery bypassed in his heart on monday) or go to get my x-ray of my back and see him tomorrow, we'll see how the day progresses! Then home to crash - I am tired. So jealous of you getting to see John Mellencamp - heard it was a fantastic show. Make it a great wednesday! Liz
Laureen S.
on 7/8/08 9:25 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Trish & PA/NJ Posters! I'm up, but still tired. . .  today I have to go to traffic court over a ticket I got for making and illegal left turn out of a restaurant the night before my birthday, when I was out with my girlfriends for dinner, we were one of the last ones out, as we went to the meeting after our Friday night AA meeting, well the cop thought he was getting a car full of tipsy women, instead I got a ticket for making the turn, everyone makes that turn, but I got caught, don't mind paying the fine, but I don't want the points that go with it.  What I do the rest of today will largely depend on how long it takes to get out of there, if I get out early enough, I will head into work, if not to my girlfriend's house where I will lie on a raft in her pool. . . Hope you all have a good day. Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 7/8/08 10:16 pm - Easton, PA

Good Morning all! Well the humidity here has died down - but if I remember the news correctly, I think we are in for some rain storms this evening.  Supposed to be around 90 today again. That being said, I'm fairly certain it won't be rain, but snow we are getting because last night A) We had the amount of staff we were supposed to B)  They approved over time for another nurse to stay while we were really busy C)  A fabulous aide who hasn't been with us for awhile due to school called and asked "do you need a tech until 3am because I am avaialbe (we did and she came in) and then D)  In the morning they sent an extra nusre from the floors to come down to take care of the patients that should have gone upstairs but there was "no room at the inn"  Many of those things never happen by themselves, let alone together - so I'm fairly certain some normally hot place below has frozen over!! Today has me doing the litter boxes one of my least favorite jobs, but oh well, and then just vegging out until I go to bed.  I slept in 2 hour increments yesterday - I just couldn't stay asleep - so I'm pretty tired myself this morning.  I also need to figure out what I'm gonna be eating right now - it was supposed to be chilli - but I'm not in the mood and have other options available so I'll figure something else out. Have a good day all! Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DianeMarie
on 7/8/08 10:28 pm - Delmont, PA

Hello sleepy people!

It must be something in the air.  I didnt want to wake up either this morning.  I hit the snooze 3 times.  It doesnt help that I worked closing yesterday and have to be in this morning.  But last night was my last closing!

Sitting here eating my strawberry kiwi yogurt and dreading leaving.  We had alot of heavy rain lastnight and its supposed to rain more today.  Maybe if I'm lucky it will keep the customers away...snicker.

I'm hoping tonight its nice enough to walk the dogs.  I really enjoy our daily walks now.  I think its time I start adding other activities to my day... Time to dig out my Richard Simmons tapes!

Have a great day!

Diane Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
dit657
on 7/8/08 10:32 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everybody - Didn't make it to work yesterday - woke up with a headache and queaziness - slept most of the day - not sure what that was all about but I am feeling much better today. Stinking MP3 player isn't working right now so I had to ride my bike this AM to the morning news - not quite the same! I need that music to keep my legs going. Not much on my agenda at work today - boxed up a bunch of birthday gifts for my daughter and 2 of my granddaughters - 3 in July - its a killer!! And then I have to ship it all to Seattle. I know gift cards are a lot easier but the girls love getting presents from me, so I bite the bullet and mail it out. Tonight I meet with my nutritionist outside of Barix - I think I'm letting too many carbs sneak back into my diet so I need to go over that with her. I'm not eating bread or pasta, but pita chips and stuff like that. So I'll see what she has to say. I don't go back to Barix until August. Hope everybody has a great day! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lauraanne715
on 7/8/08 10:43 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good Morning Everyone!!! Today it is so sunny I just couldn't sleep any longer so here I am sipping on my protein drink and once more enjoying the quiet before the day really begins!! Today I may be getting a haircut...a NEW hair cut.. I have had my hair in its current do since... oh I don't know.... high school!! LOL I just want something different but pretty and still me.  A change to go along with all the other changes in my life!!  But I am a bit scared...I have printed out three pics of the type of style I want and will take them with me to the stylist.  So we shall see what happens there...I'll keep you posted!! Other than that...I will do my work out dvd and maybe the treadmill and put the laundry away.  Tonight, I am planning on curling up with a good book!  I hope everyone has a terrific day! Much luv! Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

megan B.
on 7/8/08 11:16 pm - Shippensburg, PA
Good morning everyone. I'm Megan, new to the boards and new to life after surgery. Sounds like today is a sleepy day although I'm not feeling tired, just not interested in cleaning the house as planned after my trip to the gym this morning. Just wanted to say hello and get to know some people. Hopefully everyone will be feeling less sleepy as the day rolls by.
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/08 2:27 am, edited 7/9/08 2:27 am
Hey Megan!  I heard you were lurking around the boards.  We met in Chambersburg back in the fall (we hung out in the hotel bar with Norm and Mary listening to that really horrible band ).  I hope everything is going well for you.  Good to see you posting. Heather G
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views