Newbee question

Trish060208
on 7/8/08 3:02 am - Selinsgrove, PA
Hi everyone.  I've never posted before, but have been scanning the boards for quite a while.  As a new member, I'm having some problems figuring out how to add the avatars/ weight loss lines to my posts.  Can anyone help? 
Laureen S.
on 7/8/08 4:46 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Go into user settings in the upper left corner here, you will find the place where you upload your picture or whatever you want as your avatar, as well as a place to create your signature block.  If you want a ticker, then click on someone's create one, make sure you remember your password and then copy and paste the ticker itself into your signature block. . .  hope that helps you and welcome to one of the most supportive boards on this site! Best wishes on your journey to healthier living. Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Marlo71
on 7/8/08 5:44 am, edited 7/8/08 5:44 am - Harrisburg, PA
Also a tip..if your picture is too big, you may have to email it to the OH customer service and they will add your picture/Avatar for you.  Thats what I had to do!  Oh and Welcome!!

-Marlo 

Pam Hart
on 7/8/08 7:42 am - Easton, PA
Your avatar picture has to be 100x100 for OH to accept it. Instead of sending them your picture and waiting for them to return it (which is what I did the first few times as well) you can: open an account at www.photobucket.com (it's free) Upload your photo to that site Go into "Resize" this picture There is an automatic resizing option "avatar"  which I believes resizes it to 100x75. Once that is done, save the new picture to your computer. Then go into user settings and click on "browse" next to your avatar photo spot.. Find the new picture you just saved. I believe you double click at that point. Then I think it is upload or whatever. For the ticker:  Go to www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker. I have problems getting mine to be active (being able to click on it from OH and have it bring me to the website that I created it in) so what I do is when I am done with the ticker, I right clicked on the screen and hit "save to favorites" so I had the site in my favorites folder. When you are done creating it, as Laureen said, copy and paste the actual ticker.  Then come back under user settings and paste it into your signature.   Make sure you click on "enable my signature" or whatever it says. When you go back to your ticker and change the info you will have to put in your pin number (make sure your remember it) hit "change info"  the next screen you will have to reenter your pin and then your new info.  Once you complete that process and save it, it will automatically change it here on OH Welcome to the boards! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Jan K.
on 7/9/08 1:19 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Hi there, If you have a picture that is too big, send it to me in email [email protected] and I will 'shrink" it to the specifications for OH and send it back to you to post. Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views