Sex question?? Sorry if its too personal

Syreeta S.
on 7/6/08 12:31 pm - PA
Hey everyone.  Thank you for all of the support.  I feel better and I've lost 20lbs already in a week and a hlaf.  So excited.  Anyways I wanted to know when will I be allowed to have sex again?  I didn't ask the doctor and it didn't say anything about it on the discharge papers.  My friend had the same surgeon and myself and she was told a month I think.  What did your doctor tell you?  I just want to know because its killing me...lol.  Thanks I hope this question is offensive to anyone. Syreeta
retta0426
on 7/6/08 1:20 pm - Middletown, PA
Syreeta, I'm not offended at all. My surgeon advised about six weeks, or when I felt up to it. Just remember, you will use your stomach muscles, just take it slow. (if you can, lol) Good luck.
kimmiep621
on 7/6/08 1:46 pm
if i remember correct i think she said whenever i felt i was ready, just use birth control.  the first time i did post - didnt hurt or anything,  i was just tired lol

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

Pam Hart
on 7/6/08 10:33 pm - Easton, PA
I asked Dr. P at my two week visit when I could have sex (my husband was with me and was MORTIFIED that I would bring that up.  I had felt ready to before then - but he wouldn't touch me as he was afraid)  Dr. P told me at that point - I told you I want you exercising already -there's no reason you can't have sex!  Just take it slow and be careful and stop if anything hurts.  So we did....not to get to graphic here - but I actually had him be on top - because I was a little afraid of "stretching" all over the place.  It worked out fine. Good luck!  If you are gonna see Dr. P for your two week, you could double check with her. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
CherylT
on 7/7/08 12:19 am - Perkasie, PA
<------wishes she had someone to have it with.  Whoops, did I say that? :) Six weeks I think is what my discharge sheet said.

Pam Hart
on 7/7/08 1:47 am - Easton, PA
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
sbrunell
on 7/7/08 1:48 am - Bensalem, PA
As a resident male here..... My paperwork said 3 weeks..... But guys have needs............maybe I waited a week.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

DianeMarie
on 7/7/08 2:43 am - Delmont, PA

What's sex? Blink

Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
ronni5468
on 7/7/08 2:47 am - West Middlesex , PA

I think that I waited about 3-4 weeks. Now I drive my husband crazy. Now that I'm down 81lbs. LOL But anyway you know your body just listen to is and take it slow.

Shannon O.
on 7/7/08 10:41 am - Reading, PA
I was told 6 weeks by the head nurse at Barix... but I did have an extra 2 holes in me because of them running into scar tissue from my c-section... and even then I so didn't want to do it... I was just to tired lol... but I also wasn't allowed to work out until 6 weeks as well...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views