***Thursday Roll Call***

Liz R.
on 7/2/08 9:42 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all! Today has me at work for another busy day, thank god it is the end of the week! Then I am off to the chiro, pharmacy, grocery store, stop home to drop off the groceries and off to the hospital to visit with my grandfather - he is having his heart bypass today, and a replacement valve put in. I should basically be on pins and needles until I get the call that he is OK later this afternoon. Tomorrow has me at the hospital again, then home to do laundry and some yard work, basically the same thing for the whole weekend, might go to my grandmother's saturday to mow the grass and do her yard work since my grandfather isn't able. Well have a great, safe happy and healthy 4th of July! And may those doing the 5K run/walk like the wind! I'll be thinking about you all! Liz
Laureen S.
on 7/2/08 11:02 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Liz, Will be keeping your family members, including you, in my prayers and positive thoughts.  Hope your grandfather sails through his surgery! Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 7/2/08 10:04 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning Everybody - Pam - one word for you - Musinex!! That'll clear that crap out of your head in no time. It is amazing how much of that gunk we can produce when sick. I sure hope you're feeling well enough to participate in the 5K tomorrow - I know you've really been looking forward to it. As for me I'm at work til 12:30, then I leave to pick up my 15 year old granddaughter, Lacee - she's a neat kid - been going thru those bad teen years with her mom lately, but nothing too serious so far. We'll take her out for her birthday tonight - maybe do some shopping at Ulta (I love that place!), and just spend some time together. Have to take her back out to Lancaster tomorrow to her other grandparents and I think I'll drag mom along and we'll hit the outlets and do some shopping. I'm desparate for dress slacks right now, but on a high note I am wearing my 'real' jeans today - size 22 - and the legs and butt are baggy!! But that's okay - I'm sure they'll shrink a little with that first washing. Anyway, Happy 4th of July everybody - hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 7/2/08 10:45 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Pam, I am getting ready for work at the hospital today.  I do PRN work as a therapist during the summer, which I enjoy, and so do my creditors.  LOL.   The munchkin was here yesterday, and I am such a ditz, I could not find her swim diapers or sunblock, which I had in my swimbag.  DUH.  We had a good time together though.  I lost a game of Scrabble to my son-in-law last night.  Today, I went to a mass that was said for my brother who passed in February.  Then, this evening, I have to get my allergy shot.  I don't know if I will get to see the munchkin or not.  I am working tomorrow.  I need the time and a half, and I asked for Saturday off, coz the munchkin is having a birthday party as she turned one a few weeks ago. Have a great day. Hugs, trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 7/2/08 11:13 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning PA Posters! Hope everyone has a safe and Happy 4th of July weekend!  I am sitting at my work station, it will be sooooo quiet here today, with lots of people not even in, just the kind of day to come to work, though my department has been quiet for the last year, in large part due to the economy, so here I sit, whiling away the day! Tomorrow is 4th of July and the day I've been training for since Andy made his challenge to us to do the 5k with him back in January or so. . .  I almost was going to cancel as I got locked out of pre-registration due to a computer glitch, well Andy reassured me that I should just show up and that was all I needed to know, and so tomorrow I will do my first "official" 5k, I will be among the walkers and as I said I have been training on the treadmill since February, more recently doing 2 or 3 5k's a week outdoors, while my time will not be in the Guiness Book, I am committed to having fun and completing the course!  What a long way I've come thanks to WLS!  After the race I will be heading back home where I will get on the road to Ocean City to meet up with my friends for a July 4th BBQ and fireworks display. So to all of you, I wish you the very best 4th of July, remember that this is a celebration of our country and remember all those wonderful men and women who are making the ultimate sacrafices for our freedom, both here and abroad and the families who mourn those that have been lost. . .  Be safe! Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

DianeMarie
on 7/3/08 1:30 am - Delmont, PA

Hi everyone!

I'm not planning on doing anything for the holiday this year.  Unfortunately I'm working from 1:30-10 tonight and I work 3-11:30 tomorrow and close the store myself.  They tell me the store will die around 6pm.  After 8 it will probably be just me running customer service and closing the store in the cash office and one cashier.  I'm kinda scared that since its supposed to rain I'll have folks shopping instead of at picnics.  Then I'll be screwed....snort! 

I have one more week up front at customer service and cash office.  Then I have my weeks vacation (God I can't wait!).  After that I start my new position as HBC manager.  I'm excited!

I will only have to work one night of the week and the rest will be early shifts.  It will be wonderful to be home in the evenings.  Switching shifts the way I do makes it really hard to find time for my family and exercise.  Luckily Deidre walks with me and makes sure I walk when she's around....snicker.

Maybe Ill take the boys to keystone lake on monday to make up for not being here on the holiday.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday!  I hope the predicted rain and storms dont ruin it!

Diane

Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views