***Thursday Roll Call***

Pam Hart
on 7/2/08 3:39 pm - Easton, PA
Well, it's 1:30am, so I guess Thursday is here. The good news is I'm starting to feel much much better - the "bad" news is now that everything is breaking up in my head and chest, I SOUND awful.  My nose is dripping and I'm coughing up all the stuff that is "breaking up" in there.  Actually, that's why I'm awake right  now....I became completely exhausted around 8pm and went to bed by 9p....then woke up 15 minutes ago coughing up my left lung - so got out of bed so as not to disturb hubby.  How much mucous can one body hold??  I'm fairly certain I am beating the world record!  LOL So today....I need to STILL put away that darn laundry!!  That was one of  the things that got pushed behind when FIL went to the hospital - and then yesterday I was busy all day and like I said crashed early - so it has to happen today.  Then I need to pack clothes for our trip to Pa for the 5k.  I also need to do the litter boxes so when mom comes to take care of the feline children tonight, there is less work for her to do. I did all the cooking for the bar b que I needed to do yesterday.  Now it's a matter of digging out my cooler from *somewhere* to pack it all up. I think that is about it - hopefully we'll be out the door by about 3ish.... Oh, and they are NOT doing surgery on FIL as it stands right now.  They are treating him with antibiotics and feel it's not an emergency situation and would like him to become a bit stronger (he was dehydrated) and what not - they said maybe if it they can keep it under control sometime in about 2 mos.  The other problem is that the lab values show possible early kidney failure.  That will have to be watched cautiously.   I won't be posting for Friday Roll call - so everyone I don't see have a wonderful, safe, happy, & healthy independence day!!  We are celebrating our national freedom - as well as our freedom from weight this year! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Alice P.
on 7/2/08 4:10 pm - Bensalem

Dam Pam, I thought I was the only person on night shift that could not sleep on my nights off. It stinks not being able to sleep when you want. Have a great long weekend. Good luck with the 5K.  I am sure you are excited about it.  Have you heard from Sista Jan lately. She has been quiet since the pilgrimage. happy 4Th Alice

Pam Hart
on 7/2/08 4:24 pm - Easton, PA
I actually have this whole week off.  I have trouble sleeping in general - I wish I could blame it on night shift but *sigh* that would be lying!  I've been off since Monday which is just awesome!! Thanks for the good wishes on the 5k.  Unfortunately I've been battling bronchitis and although I feel better, doc has advised me no jogging until the middle of next week.  But, he said I could walk it and you better believe it that I am walking it!  I'm very excited!  (leave it to me to get sick 2 days before my vacation starts, don't you know!  That's alright - I haven't let it stop me from having fun!) No, I haven't heard much from Sr. Jan  She did post for a few days when she completed her semester of teaching at school.  I also did see her at the last barix post op meeting (it happened to be her last of school then, actually) HAPPY 4TH!!! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 7/2/08 11:00 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Alice, FYI, Sister Jan is in Cape May at the Nuns retreat house, doing some work there, think she said she would doing kitchen (soup kitchen) work, so that she was hoping to have some time on the beach while she was down there. . .  I saw her last Friday, along with Arlene; Sister Jan was in for her 1 year check-up, me for my 9 month. . .  we all had lunch, she is doing well, recovering from the end of the school year. . .  so there you have it. Have a Safe and Happy 4th! Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 7/2/08 11:29 pm - Easton, PA
Ahhh, Thanks Laureen!
bcutekitty
on 7/2/08 8:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA and Pam     iam heading to work very soon then off to sisters tonight  we are leaving for AC in the morning to see TONY&TINA"S wedding then alittle gambling we are staying over night will head back to my sisters in jersey on Sat for a barq Dh hubby is off till Sunday night have a safe and great holiday weekend! 

ktreavis
on 7/2/08 8:57 pm - PA
Good morning all, I am at work for another fun filled day. I am hoping to get some things accomplished here today and then go home and get some more accomplished. I would like to spend some time with my mom today, I must be the only person who lives in the same house as her mother and never gets to spend any time with her. I also need to do laundry again, I have so few things that fit I feel like everything is dirty all of the time. If anyone has any advice about deling with jealousy after WLS could you please help? I have some coworkers thatI think are going off the handle b/c of my loss. Anywho, got tons to do today. Hope you all have a good day.   - Katie

Progress not perfection

Pam Hart
on 7/2/08 10:01 pm - Easton, PA
Katie, What I have done is just repeatedly gone over all the things I have to do to keep my tool working.  If my surgery or weight loss comes up, I use that opportunity to educate people that although this tool does help me, it is still my responsibility that plays the biggest part in this.  I must continue to make healthy food choices, exercise, etc. etc.  I also let them know about the plethera of vitamins I must take on a normal basis and the down side, like the foamies.  For some it helps - for others - they continue to be jealous and continue to make poor choices for themselves.  I actually just had this conversation with somebody yesterday - how taking control is something that only the individual person can do.  It may be difficult for them to watch your new lifestyle - and until they are ready to accept the facts, then there is very little you will be able to do to help them feel better about themselves.  If all else fails - just ignore them and understand regardless of what they say, it's not YOU that is causing them to be upset - it's their own insecurities that they feel they need to project onto you. Pam
ktreavis
on 7/2/08 10:58 pm - PA
Thanks Pam - I appreciate your input. Hope you have a great time at the 5K. - Katie

Progress not perfection

lauraanne715
on 7/2/08 9:18 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning Pam and PA!! How is everyone doing this fine sunny morning?  I am in a surprisingly good mood for 7 am in the morning.  I need to get my laundry done and away as that didn't get done yesterday either...LoL And I still did not get chance to do Denise Austin DVD since hubby came home early and wanted to go food shopping before the 4th of July rush so we did that yesterday.   The rest of the day is just dishes and straightening...doing some MBA homework.  Then I am going to work on some cross stitch projects I have not touched in some time...I want them done before the end of the summer!!LOL Oh well I hope everyone has a great day!  Enjoy the sunshine!! Much luv!! Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views