DR PUPKOVA --pt's please help

amy C.
on 7/2/08 11:21 am
I had my surgery on june 2 rny with dr pupkova. The problem is im really dumb. I lost the paper i was given on the first post op appt that says  what supplements to add when. I  have my B12 and have been taking one  a day i think its 2 for 1000mg but not sure. If someone could please post what was onthe paperwork  or pm me i would greatly appreciate it.  I went to get it yesterday and i dont knwo which "safe place" i put it in....and with the holiday weekend i figure it would be difficult to get one sent to me. Thank YOU, AMy
sbrunell
on 7/2/08 11:29 am - Bensalem, PA
Amy,
I believe everything is on an individualized basis. My wife and I had surgery about 6 weeks apart, but we do not take the same stuff. I was B12 deficient prior to surgery, and she wasn't.

You may have instructions for Amy only, and none of us could help with that. Give them a call.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Pam Hart
on 7/2/08 3:29 pm - Easton, PA
**Message hijack** Steve, Nice new avatar! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/08 1:20 pm
Amy call her tomorrow she will get back to you if she doesn't answer....We are all different on what we need.
amy C.
on 7/2/08 2:12 pm
Thanks...i thoght they had  general standards that a lot of people fall into since it was pre-printed. I  will call them next week too much going on this weekend. Thanks,
Pam Hart
on 7/2/08 3:30 pm - Easton, PA
I understand being busy - but vitamin supplements are very important.  Call them as soon as you are able too!  Good luck on your journey! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 7/2/08 11:31 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Amy, You should call Michelle, Dr. P's assistant and she should be able to give you what you need, or call Dr. P herself, she would rather you call then not and taking your supplements is not something to mess with, it's more important than anything else, it is your health and life we are talking about. . . I will tell you that in all likelihood, you should be taking 2 chewable multivitamins a day, along with B-1 and sublingual B-12.  I was told to take 100 mg of B-1 and 1000 mg of B-12, but as everyone else said, it may not be the same for you, as if you had any deficiencies prior to surgery, yours would be different, I believe the URSO was started at 4 or 6 weeks post-surgery, but I can't remember. Have a safe and Happy 4th.  Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

New_Beginnings_36
on 7/3/08 12:36 am - PA
Amy, I e-mailed you what my pre-printed sheet had listed on it. But you may want to call them just to be sure. Talk to you soon.....Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
joldaker
on 7/3/08 2:48 am - West Bradford, PA
Amy  I am sorry but I dont remember what to add and when. I do know that when I was a couple weeks out I was doing the b12 sublingual 1000mcg and flintstones one in the am and one in the pm.  Just call them and have the paper read to you over the phone then they can fax or mail it to you.  Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views