Wednesday Roll Call

Pam Hart
on 7/1/08 8:57 pm - Easton, PA
Well if you read my "inked" post - you know most of my day yesterday did not turn out the way I had planned. So on the agenda today.... 1)Put away the laundry - I need to see what I'm packing for the 5k (we are spending the night Thursday night....) 2)  Start prep work for the food I am bringing to the 5K picnic 3)  Run some errands to pick up a small gift for some friends and cat food for my feline children 4)  Follow up with MIL about the FIL - find out if he's home or admitted 5)  Tidy up the house.  I did all the major cleaning last week - just want to straighten up 6)  Figure out what is for dinner tonight. Oh, and take care of this tattoo - needs to be washed 2x a day for 4 days and application of antibiotic ointment after each wash....hubby gets to do that part because I am not a contorsionist. Enjoy all! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ktreavis
on 7/1/08 9:03 pm - PA
Yesterday turned out to be a very emotional roller coaster for me. We did the 3.5 mile walk to spread my brother's ashes and boy am I sore. I didn't know my legs had so much muscle, not to mention the family member I was walking with wouldn't slow down. We did the walk in 1hr and 10 minutes. But I was fascinated that I made it the whole way without even taking a break. So today I am working and them I am going to go home and rest. Hope you all have a good day. - Katie

Progress not perfection

dit657
on 7/1/08 10:26 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning everyone - I had wonderful news last night - I am going to get my granddaughter Lacee for at least a day and overnight. Her other grandmother finally stood up to the old man and said she needed to come visit me, too. So tomorrow around noon I'm taking off for Lancaster to meet them and get Lacee for the night - will take her back out there Friday. Its a short visit but since I don't know when I'll see her again I'll take short over nothing. Felt so good got up this morning and did 6.75 miles on my bike and took Jude for a long walk. Happy Day!!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lauraanne715
on 7/1/08 10:37 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning Pam and all my PA friends! Well things have finally settled down around my house!  The teenager got a bus pass so now we do not need to worry about getting her to work and back everyday--the gas was killing us!! However, hubby takes my car during the day since his truck is just too expensive to fill this summer..so we are sharing the one car.  I think I am getting a touch of cabin fever here without my car!!!LOL  I did not get to do my new Denise Austin DVD yesterday..so I will try to do it today...I just feel non motivated this week and haven't done much except walk around.   Today also has me putting laundry away, doing dishes, and generally straightening up.  Hubby was supposed to pull the paint out of the garage for me, so I can paint the entry way to our house.  It is a five gallon bucket and I can't lift it!! But it is not up here so I am assuming he forgot..oh well. (one less thing to do around house!) I am hoping this summer to get to painting the kitchen...this used to be my MIL house and her other son who we have nothing to do with (let's just say he is not very family friendly) Well anyways right before we took over the house he was living here and he set fire to a pot in the kitchen and smoke got everywhere--then he who is supposed to be a genral contractor did a half ass job fixing it so now me and my hubby have to go in and dry wall it and re-do the ceiling and repaint it cause I hate the way it looks!!  But the budget is tight so we have been doing it slowly one thing at a time...and as you all know I am not the most patient person!!!LOL  I  just want to paint over the ugly peach color MIL had it painted...I want a bright yellowy color.  Oh well so sorry for that ramble!!  But mostly today I am sorting out the laundry and straightening up...maybe I will sit outside if it is not too hot.  We'll see though...I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!  Enjoy!!! Much luv!!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

DianeMarie
on 7/2/08 12:20 am - Delmont, PA

Hiya Folks!

I'm off today so its going to be a semi relaxing day.  I'll do laundry and cleaning.  Hopefully take the dogs out for a walk before my daughter gets home and then after dinner we will walk them together.

Maybe I'll sneak in some sun if I'm lucky.  I know the sun is supposed to be bad for you but I do enjoy a little bit of a tan.  It also helps with the pain to bake out in the sun.  So I'll slather on some sunscreen and time it so I'm not out there too long.  I burn so easily now with the meds I take.  Speaking of medicine I stopped taking the zrytec today.  I do not like how it made me feel.  I felt drugged and I had some memory problems.  I have enough memory problems as it is and I dont need a med making it worse LOL.

Since I mentioned my memory problems I guess I should tell you all something I've been dealing with for years.  Six years ago this June I woke up one morning and my entire left side was numb.  I was weak and confused.  I went to the Dr and my blood pressure was sky high and I had a terrible headache.  I  was given blood pressure medication and a shot for the headache pain and sent home.  I ended up getting worse.. slurring speach.. weaker and weaker and I pretty much lost the ability to walk on my own.  Ended up going to the ER a few times and then I was sent to a neurologist.  He was a QUACK.  Without any proof he said I was having strokes.  He treated me for strokes and I steadily got worse.  He said I was killing myself because I was so fat and eating wrong and smoking.

Pills, Pills & more pills became a routine for me.  They were not helping and I kept getting worse.  I realised I would never get better with this Dr so I went to another.  I had not had any strokes.  My primary care Dr has always felt I had MS.  I show all the symptoms but no scarring on my brain yet.  I've been to many neuro's and they all have different ideas as to what was wrong.  One even said I was neurotically depressed and that's what caused it.  Anyone that knows me knows that isnt the case.  I'm the most outgoing person and I'm very bubbily.  Someone that is neurotically depressed doesnt leave their house and keeps to themselves.  I'm a HUGE people person.  Anyways.. years and years of tests and getting no where I decided to stop looking for what's causing my problems.  I take care of myself and with my primary Dr's help I treat my symptoms when I need to.  He tells me one day It will eventually show in a MRI I have MS.  Well untill that one day happens I'm not going to worry about it!  I weaned myself off of all the meds they gave me (god they had terrible side effects) and only take the meds I need to control the BP and a few others.  I only take OTC pain meds cause the meds I have been prescribed hit me like a ton of bricks.  So sometimes I have memory problems. Sometimes I have other issues to deal with but I'm doing ok.  I gave up smoking 6 years ago and try to take care of myself.  The more I do the better it is.  That is one reason I'm looking forward to this surgery.  It will help me with the problems I've been dealing with.  I know they wont go away but they will be easier to handle.

Wow what a post huh?

Diane

Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Patricia R.
on 7/2/08 1:20 am - Perry, MI
Hi Pam, It looks like I posted Roll Call at the same time you did.  LOL.  I am going to leave mine up, coz it is long.  Have a great day. Take care of your tatoo.  Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DianeMarie
on 7/2/08 2:10 am - Delmont, PA

LOL Trish..Is it as long as mine? I think I wrote a novel!

Diane

Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views