Update on Me.... this is gonna be LONG

New_Beginnings_36
on 7/2/08 12:49 am - PA
Liz, I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers......Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Nicole0216
on 7/2/08 2:08 am - Lancaster, PA
Goodness Liz that is more than anyone should have to shoulder at once. This may not be a popular view but sometimes we have to cope the best way we can. If you arent perfect right now, it is ok. your tool will be there. I am not saying give up or go backwards but sometimes in these situations maintainance is the best case scenario. That being said these are some lessons that you are learning as well on how to cope without the food, each time you dont turn to the food you are building a bridge to a time when it wont be your first thought.  You are doing an amazing job considering. Try and be kind to yourself. We are here for you. I dont know where Easton is but if you need me i will come there. Anything you need let us know, you will be in our prayers
Liz R.
on 7/2/08 2:11 am - Easton, PA
Thanks everyone. Nicole you are so right, I have been suprised that I haven't turned to food nearly as much as I would have in the past - I do stop myself. Although last night I had a breakdown driving past dairy queen.... I am sure that it was just everything hitting me at once, but I went to Rita's instead and was just as happy with a s/f ice! Thanks for the offer to come - I am doing ok - just so good to have good friends to talk to - no matter where they are! Oh and just an FYI Easton is at the other end of 222 kind of (east of Allentown) I will hang in there and keep you all posted. Thanks agian for everything! Liz
NANCYL
on 7/2/08 2:36 am - PHILA, PA
Liz, I will kind you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I know how difficult this is for you. It really sucks when I family matter is sick but much worst when you are dealing with several. Take ONE DAY AT A TIME!!! Nancy
tammypa
on 7/2/08 2:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Liz, I am so sorry to hear all that you are going through. But from reading this I got that you are one very strong person. I would really wonder if you weren't struggling with food after all the things that have hit you recently. You are in my prayers, Tammy
rivardstarr
on 7/2/08 3:54 am - phoenixville, PA
Liz, I'm so very sorry for all the stressful health issues you and your family are facing. It must seem endless at times. My thoughts are with you. Keep doing the best you can to make the best food/activity choices that you can, and don't beat yourself up for the slips. We are all here to support you, vent as much as you need to. Chris
Alice P.
on 7/2/08 4:53 am - Bensalem
Hi Liz,      I truly feel we are always being tested. But remember God doesnt give us anything we cant handle. There is a reason you were delt this. YOu will get through it with something positive at the end. I will be praying for you and your family. Alice
Gail M.
on 7/2/08 5:46 am - Scranton, PA
Liz,    You have been handed more than one person should.  I hope that things start looking up for your family and for you.  Try to stay calm and don't get too worked up.  I realize it must be very hard for you but keep in mind that you always have us on the boards to vent to. Gail

Liz R.
on 7/2/08 5:51 am - Easton, PA
thanks everyone - I am trying to take care of myself.. The biggest issue is if I have to be out beyond what I expected. I have protein bars with me always but sometimes I have to eat something else and well carbs are my #1 comfort. I am doing much better with them then I expected to looking back. I'll keep you posted and thanks for the wonderful support as always! Liz
Arlene E.
on 7/3/08 12:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Liz I am so sorry for all you are going through. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you deal with so many challenges. Arlene
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views