Does anyone know.....?

New_Beginnings_36
on 6/30/08 11:20 pm - PA

Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well today!  I'm 5 weeks out today and feeling good but I do have a question...... Does anyone know if any of our vitamins/supplements can be taken together? I already know that the CalciumCitrate w/ Vitamin D cannot be taken within 2 hours of Iron or a Multivitamin. Here's what I am taking.... Pepcid 40mg  (1 per/day) Centrum chewable Multiviamins (2 per/day)  (taken at separate times) B-1  100mg  (1 per/day) B-12 1000 mcg - Sublingual (1 per/day) Calcium Citrate w/ Vitamin D  - 600 mg  (1 per/day) And next week I will be starting the URSO Forte 500 mg per Dr. P (1 per/day) Ohh and I have been taking Colace close to bedtime and I also take Singulair 10mg at bedtime. But they aren't really an issue. It is hard to space out the timing while at work with the above supplements, so I was wondering if anyone knew if any of them can be taken at the same time?? Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you :) <3 Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Pam Hart
on 6/30/08 11:30 pm - Easton, PA
Here's my regimine.  My synthroid is a thyroid med, which needs to be separated 1 hr from eating (and taken on an empty stomach) and FOUR hours from other supplements.  Times are just examples. Wake up:  7am:  Synthroid, along with crystal lite 1 hr(ish) later:  8am:  Breakfast 11am:  b1, b12, centrum tablet, snack 1:30ish:  lunch 3:30/4pm snack, calcium citrate 6:30/7pm dinner 9/10pm snack, centrum tablet So I take my B vits along with my centrum and separate everything else.  I try to remember to take them with meals, so it's more of a habit.  I also went out and bought one of those huge pill containers - it has 4 slots for each day and seven days - it looks like a 3d bingo board and that I'm 80 years old, lol.  But this way, I can carry it wherever I go. Nan is full of info of which vitamins affect which other ones.  Thus far I have not had a problem with my levels. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
New_Beginnings_36
on 6/30/08 11:43 pm - PA

Pam, Thank you, thank you, thank you! It is really good to know that I can take the the B-1, B-12 and the Multi together. That should really make things easier :) I actually feel relieved now. LOL Thanks again.....Stefanie

Laureen S.
on 6/30/08 11:32 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Stefanie, I used to take the Pepcid (no longer need it) along with my 1st multi, b-1 and b-12 in the a.m. (though I was recently told by Dr. P to only take my b's every other day, since my levels have been high), my 2nd multi at 4 p.m. and calcium citrate before bed.   Hope that helps you. Take care, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

New_Beginnings_36
on 6/30/08 11:46 pm - PA
Laureen, It is really good to know that the B's can be taken with the Multi. Thanks for the info :)....Stefanie
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/1/08 3:21 am

I was told to take calcium 2x a day

multivitamin 2x a day

1,000 mcg b-12 sublingual 1x a day

Pepcid as needed

Miralax as needed

I added vitamin A

I am under the impression that Calcium blocks Iron Absorption and that it should be taken 1 hour before a meal or 2 hours after.  Another Iron blocker is Nicotine and Caffeine. If you take an Iron Supplement, keep that away from Calcium also.  If you do not take an Iron Supplement, apply the 1 before 2 after rule to Calcium as it relates to MultiVitamins. 

I am not aware of any others only because I wasn't paying attention to things that didn't concern me.  It's best to ask the nutritionist.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views