Ok now I am worried...

lauraanne715
on 7/1/08 1:25 am - Pottstown, PA
Hey Everyone--Sorry i haven't really been around..summer is busier than the school year sometimes!!!  But anyways, here is my dilemma..the scale has not moved since the my second week checkup...I have my 6 week appt next week(Friday)...I am really upset and depressed..I have been doing alot of walking and some weight work but it still is sore and I don't want to pu**** and rupture anything... I am going to try an aerobics dvd today...but is this stall this long normal right after surgery????? Many thanx!! Ps Here is a list of some of what I have been eating during the days: Protein Shake 3 tsp cottage cheese 3tsp fat free refried beans skim milk  pureed soups pureed banana 3tsp vegetarian 98% fat free chili water/crystal light

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Laureen S.
on 7/1/08 1:37 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Lauranne, My suggestion is for you to call the NUT at Barix and have them go over your food logs.   Also, have you measured yourself and taken pictures?  I did that pretty regularly the first 6/7 months, it helps, sometimes the scale does not show the progress, you've been here for a bit and I know you must have read about some of my stalls, they are frustrating to say the least, however, I actually had the scale hidden from me, because I became obsessed by it and it upset me terribly when I did not see a loss and trust me when I tell you, there were lots of stalls for me and early out too.   So take it from someone who totally understands how you are feeling, try your best to just know that the scale does not tell the whole story, but either way, have the NUT go over your logs with you.  They are there to help us, use the resources that you are paying for. Best wishes, hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lauraanne715
on 7/1/08 2:17 am - Pottstown, PA
Laureen-- Good advice ...thank you!  I have not measured myself...I think I am afraid too!  But I am going to get the tape measure out and start recording that way.  I am going to talk to Elena next week and really get a handle on how to eat well...I am coming out of pureed foods soon so actual eating has me a bit nervous.  Thank you though I am definitely going to take your advice.  I appreciate it!! Much luv!! Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

jastypes
on 7/1/08 1:38 am - Croydon, PA
You're normal.  Put away the scale.  Follow the rules.  You'll lose weight.  Your body is adjusting.  Again, STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE.  It's not helping.  You keep doing what you're supposed to, and it'll work, believe me. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

lauraanne715
on 7/1/08 2:19 am - Pottstown, PA
Thank you for the advice!  I am running away from the scale..I am telling hubby to hide it or put it in his work truck! LOL  I am going to take your advice and stay away from the scale for a loooong time!! Thank you! Laura

Laura

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/08 1:49 am
Would you like me to come over and toss your scale down the steps the way  I threw mone down????? He has not seen the light of day since I tossed down the steps. It was after my break down I posted on here I was the same way no scale movement between my 2-6 week check up and once at Barix it was down and in the zone Dr. P wanted it to be.  It was the support here that got me through it that is for sure. Stalls will be there and so will we to help you through them!
lauraanne715
on 7/1/08 2:20 am - Pottstown, PA
Beth-- I am def getting rid of the scale...I know that this is all part of the journey..but it is sooo hard at times...emotionally hard.  The whole idea of doing the surgery and then not succeeding scares the he** outtta me.  But I know that this board is my support and hep in times of doubt.  Thank you for being there for me--I really do appreciate it!!!! Much luv! Laura

Laura

Pam Hart
on 7/1/08 1:53 am - Easton, PA
Going over your food log is a good idea with the nut.  3 tsp seems a bit small - but you know what - if that is what is satisfying you and you are not getting sick and you get sick off of more -then by all means continue it as long as you are hitting protein goals. Get rid of the scale.  I had hubby kidnap mine.  I think I was at 8 weeks out (maybe 12?  I can't remember now) when I gained weight.  Talk about a freak out  Anyway - I had hubby kidnap my scale while I was sleeping and didn't weigh myself until the following month. Also - I am a HUGE believe in inches.  Actually - I'm glad Laureen brought that up - because I was supposed to measure myself today and did not.  So....I will need to do that in the am. Hang in there. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 7/1/08 2:32 am - Pottstown, PA
Pam-- I am so afraid to ruin my pouch that I don't want to eat anything too large...I don't know maybe I am just overreacting...sometimes it is more than 3 tsp...like 1/2 cup of really pureed food like chicken and broth but then other times I feel too full and I think I have stretched out my pouch...am I overthinking the whole thing??  I am taking your advice and others to get rid of scale and start taking my measurements.  That might make me less crazed about the whole thing! Thank you for the advice I am definitely going to take it and try to hang in there!!  thank you so much!! Much luv!! Laura 

Laura

Pam Hart
on 7/1/08 8:27 pm - Easton, PA
If you feel full definately stop!!  There's no need to force yourself to eat - like I said - just try to get the protein in. I am not a believer in "stretching" the pouch.  Yes, it gets larger over time, generally not due to over eating though.  I say this because of the laws of physics.  There are two openings in your pouch - one leading from your esophagus where the food ENTERS the pouch, and one leading to your intestines, exiting the pouch.  If you blow up a balloon and tie it off - it stretches because there is no outlet for the air and the balloon (elastic) is held in that position.  However, the food has two ways out of the pouch and will go out either of those two directions (hello foamies! lol)  The stoma leading to your intestines can be stretched with constant pressure of food pushing through it - but other than that.....  I could be totally off base here, and have no medical documentation to back me up and I'm sure others will disagree with me.... just my humble opinion. But again - if you are full, stop.  More will only lead to a very uncomfortable trip to the porcelain god! You're doing fine....keep hanging in! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views