clothes questions

Shannon O.
on 7/1/08 12:25 am - Reading, PA
Ok, I am now at 232 but still in a size 26 for pants/shorts but can wear a 2x also shorts (my legs are way smaller)... in tops- a 22/24 40DDD bra... my trainer has shown me what machines he wants me to do for abs so he is hoping that soon we will have my mid section in better shape (very slow going because of a c-section and the lap. gastric bypass)... but slowly getting there... so needless to say my body is strange lol...

but here is my question... I know I am well on my way of meeting my goal of 180 by this fall... but those of you that are 5'2" and around that weight... what size do you wear now...

The reason that I am asking is that I am pretty sure that I will have to buy a lot of new clothes this fall/winter... and I am fine with that... but if I find a good deal I want to pick it up... I know everyone is different yada yada yada... but I'm looking at basics... things that won't matter when I wear them this fall and winter...

Also... another question... have any of you sold your old clothes on ebay or craigs list? I have a ton of 6x to 4x stuff that I would like to sell that is in great shape... so if you have any tips let me know because these old outfits are taking over my house in various rubber maid boxes lol...

jastypes
on 7/1/08 12:34 am - Croydon, PA
I'm guessing everyone is different, but I'm 5'2ish, 182 pounds and now wear size 14 bottoms (large) and medium tops. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Shannon O.
on 7/1/08 12:36 am - Reading, PA
Thanks Jill! That is what size I think I will be then... but it helps to hear what others are in also hehehe...

Pam Hart
on 7/1/08 1:12 am - Easton, PA
I am guessing I was about a 14 around that weight, although I can't recall exactly.....petit pants....my cup size has been about a DD and still is.  I've gone down from a 46 to a 36 band though.....
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/08 1:39 am
I have sold on Ebay for years and you can make out pretty good just remember when you do so that clothes can be weighty so make sure you charge enough shipping, I learned that one the hard way you can also ship stuff priority mail and get free boxes,tape and labels from the post office that way to you do not have that cost of shipping materials and priority the buyer is paying so not really added cost for you . Plus size stuff goes really well on Ebay I buy on accassion as well as sell just because prices are decent. I have a ton of stuff to list on Ebay it is just a matter of getting my butt in gear.
Shannon O.
on 7/1/08 4:18 am - Reading, PA
how did you price the clothes? And about what did you charge for shipping... my PO is so slow... you can wait for an hour easy... it is crazy so I can't stand there and wait with Lorelei... hehehehe...

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/08 4:26 am
I priced them based on condition what I paid and kept in mind they are used I started tops at like 8 to 10  ..pants 10-15 depnding on what they were. You can go lower or higher and I did on things.  Tops I used to start 6 and add a 1 per item of they bought more then one thing from me. Also you can order all the supplies from the US Post office online! If something doesn't sell you can also relist it free once on Ebay and if you want lower the price. The site where I journal has alot of Big commmunites so I promote my auctions there to drive business my way. If you are all set up on Ebay and paypal  you can even do your postage online and just have your mail man pick it up or just drop it all off no waiting.   If you have a smaller post office I am sure the last you want it to wait with a little one!
Laureen S.
on 7/1/08 1:41 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Shannon, I'm at that point now and am wearing size 14 bottoms and large shirts, but I think in part it depends on the type of body you have, I had a proportionate body type. You're doing great, good luck on making your Fall goal! Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Donna_in_PA
on 7/1/08 3:23 am - Lansdale, PA
I'm tall so I don't have an answer to your question about the sizes, however I do have a comment about Craigslist.  It's free to sell/give away anything on that site and I have had nothing but positive responses using that site to buy/sell stuff myself.  As long as you are careful you can put a disclaimer in there that the buyer has to pick up the stuff him/herself (to avoid any shipping charges, and it just makes things a whole lot easier).   I swear, if somone put "pooh" in a nicely giftwrapped box, someone on craigslist would be interested in buying it. 

Donna

Shannon O.
on 7/1/08 4:19 am - Reading, PA
what did you charge on craigslist? Did you post photos or if someone was interested emailed them the photos?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views