I'M APPROVED!!!

Pam Hart
on 6/28/08 2:32 pm - Easton, PA
Congratulations on your approval - it's such a "weight" lifted off of you - isn't it?? Anyway - I would give Barix a call on Monday.  They might not have received the letter yet.  You could fax them a copy if they need it.  Then you'll get a phone call for scheduling. Good luck and congrats again! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Lesley G.
on 6/28/08 2:44 pm - Allegan, MI
Thank you Pam!  And thanks again for your help with the wording for the PCP letter for insurance approval.  I think it must be a lucky letter! My plan for Monday is to fax the approval letter to the Barix Insurance department first thing, and then call and let them know I sent it.  I'm also going to call Michele (Dr. Pupkova's assistant) just to make sure they have all my reports.  I haven't heard anything from them since my consultation, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad.  I'll just assume all is okay.  At any rate, I have copies of all my reports, and I made digital copies of them too so I can fax or email them if need be. I am set!  Now I need a date!  :)
Pam Hart
on 6/28/08 9:32 pm - Easton, PA
The letter was based on a letter a girlfriend of mine wrote herself when she was going through the insurance process.  She also got approved on the first shot - so maybe it is a lucky letter!  hee hee! Just to let you know - Michele is ok and all - but she does get busy and doesn't always return phone calls promptly.  Leave her a message - but then towards the end of the business day (like 2 or 3ish) unless you want to wait untilTuesday morning, I would call until I got her to actually answer the phone.  They are very very busy there.... :) Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tracyb330
on 6/27/08 10:32 am - Temple, PA
Hi Lesley, Congrats on being approved. I just found out Monday that I was approved too. Of course I called my insurance company to find out because I could not wait another minute. My letter came yesterday so I quickly faxed it over to the insurance dept at Barix. They told me that the file has to go to my surgeon (Dr.Boe), he will sign off on it and then send it to scheduling. They said I should receive a call in 7-10 days with a surgery date. I asked my friend if it took that long for her and she said that most people get a call after a few days. I would call the insurance dept Monday to see if they got the letter yet. They told me that we get it sooner than them. Good luck and I heard that Dr. P is still scheduling for July.  Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Melanie B.
on 6/27/08 10:47 am - Doylestown, PA
Congrats! I'm waiting for a call to be scheduled next week as well at Barix. I'm so nervous and so excited at the same time.

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/08 10:59 am
leslie  i am so happy for you! i know how patiently you have been waiting!
kimmiep621
on 6/27/08 11:19 am
woohoo yay!  congrats lesley,  i'm so excited for u

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

Lesley G.
on 6/27/08 11:36 am - Allegan, MI
Thanks for the congrats!  This board ROCKS!!! Thanks for telling me what to expect as far as when Barix will call with a date.  Tracy and aprilfool69 -- I hope you get your dates soon!  Yay for all the new Barix babies here! I really appreciate everyone being excited for me.  I have been on the phone nonstop since I got home from work.  I'm calling everyone I know to share my excitement!  Now I'm going to meet a friend at Starbucks for some celebratory coffee.  Yay!
Patricia R.
on 6/27/08 11:50 am - Perry, MI
Way to go, Lesley.  Congratulations!!!!  I remember that feeling so well.   Before you know it you will be on the loser's bench. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 6/27/08 3:35 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Lesley, Congratulations!  That is great news, soon you will be joining us over here on the Loser's Bench, where there is always room for one more, because we are all losing in a winning way! Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views