WEGEMEN SUGGESTIONS

jdruski
on 6/25/08 3:39 am, edited 6/25/08 4:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
I was wondering if anyone can give me some healthy snack ideas.  I am making a trip to Wegeman's on Saturday and I understand they have a great healthy food aisle (along with a zillion not so healthy aisles.).  I already have the Wasabi Edamame on the list.   Thanks. Jeanne
sbrunell
on 6/25/08 5:25 am - Bensalem, PA
i  am wondering if you are talking about Wegman's supermarkets (wegmans.com). They have a few good items that we have been buying, but many of them are sold at Giant as well. Wegman's charges a lot.  I would stay away from the meat and seafood. It's really the same as everyone else's, but normally at a higher price.  I sell meat and seafood for a living.  Their seafood is WAY overpriced. We bought pork chops there because the packaging was different. They have them all vaccum packed, so they would store well in the hell that is my freezer. they have a "healthy" snack area in both Wegmans and Giant, where I buysome faux Cheese doodles w/ 3 g Sugar per serving. Most of it is from the lactose in the cheese itself. I have started shopping at Big Lots and they had Soya Crisps and stuff like that for $1! You might want to try there. There is one at Franklin Mills.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

jdruski
on 6/25/08 5:41 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thanks, Steve.  I know they are pricey.  I was only looking for some healthy snacks.  Someone told me about the Wasabi Edamame and being as I like both I would love to see what they taste like together.  I live in Phillie so I usually only have the regular supermarkets to go to.  I live so close to NJ that I thought I would combine a few errands while I am over there.  Besides the gas is really cheap. I will have to venture up 95 to Big Lots.  Thanks again for the suggestion. Jeanne

sbrunell
on 6/25/08 5:45 am - Bensalem, PA

I understand. It just drives me nuts when ppl tell me that they think the meat and seafood is fresher there. It isn't. There is one up Street Rd a few miles past the Race track. I went there recently.

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

BellaNell
on 6/25/08 9:59 am - Pleasant Mt., PA
I shop Wegman's occasionally...their healthy choices are generally mixed in with the regular stuff. You have to read the labels carefully. Are you near a Trader Jpe's or Whole Foods? Now those places are worth the trip!!! My son lives in Roxborough and we travel to TJ's and/or Whole Foods in Jenkintown or WF in Devon whenever I'm there. I wish they would open in the Scranton area. Happy Shopping!
jdruski
on 6/26/08 2:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
Whole Foods will be my next supermarket adventure.  I love TJ but only go if I can get there during the week, they get super crowded on Saturday's. Thanks for the tip.   Jeanne
BellaNell
on 6/26/08 5:16 am - Pleasant Mt., PA
I know what you mean about crowded stores on the weekend! Just crazy!!! I've found, in my limited experiences there, that Sunday a.m.--before 11 is pretty good.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/25/08 2:02 pm

Jeanne,

If your going to Jersey, try to stop at Shop 'n Stop, get their club card ... they have some very good deals.  You can also view their circular online.  www.sundaysaver.com

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Pam Hart
on 6/25/08 6:29 pm - Easton, PA
Stop and Shop is great - I have two close to my house and use them as my main grocery store.
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jdruski
on 6/26/08 2:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
Pam, Where in NJ are these.  I tried looking them up on line but none of the areas sounded familiar.  I am going to be in the Cherry Hill, Marlton, area. Help. Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views