Amelia's Grocery Outlet - AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

Shannon O.
on 6/24/08 11:40 pm - Reading, PA
I have been shopping there for years... we mostly buy the frozen meats... and we have a mini stand alone freezer because of them... once we only had 100 bucks in the checking account that had to last us 10 days... and we spent 30 bucks there and the food lasted us 2 + weeks! We love the HUGE bags of diced chicken in the frozen section... stuff rocks...

But they get the cast off like Big Lots... if there is a change in a look they get it... or say it says earth day all over it etc... but also grocery stores are only allowed to have something on it shelves for so long... even if it hasn't expired yet... Amelias gets those too...

Ready4 AChange
on 6/24/08 11:55 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
There is one not too far from me....Woodlyn !

Woodlyn's Amelia's Grocery Outlet: 1936 Macdade Boulevard Woodlyn, PA 19094 Phone 610-876-6700 Hours: Mon. - Sat. 8:00 am - 9:00 pm I may take a ride and check it out in the next few days. Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

Mary Benford
on 6/25/08 1:17 am - Emmaus, PA
The store is simply amazing :)   You can't do ALL your shopping there...   but you can really find some great stuff we can eat!    They also had Kashi Go-Lean cereal, special K protein plus, all kinda of spices, sugar free jello pudding packs...  it's really cool.  

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

EileenWalton
on 6/25/08 1:46 am

According to Google, the Woodlyn store is about 40 minutes from me (I'm in the Far Northeast).  I think it would be worth the price of gas for all those savings, especially since my hubby is eating the same as me.  Thanks for sharing this great info.  Now I just have to find a weekend when I can get there.

Eileen

rita61677
on 6/25/08 2:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
The Woodlyn store is about 30 minutes from me!!!!!!! Maybe I can go by on Friday after work...Ill let everyone know how it is... If anyone gets there before me - please post how the Woodlyn store is!!!!!!! Thanks
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/25/08 2:55 am
I'm going to hit Royersford tonight

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/08 3:10 am
Nan...I hit the one in Royersford last week....GREAT stuff, but you REALLY have to watch the expiration dates.  I found some stuff that had expired last October.  The South Beach meals were .79 cents which is a steal!!  I also got lean cuisean for .99 cents. HG
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/08 3:15 am
It is awesome isn't it???  I went to the one in Royersford for the first time last week.  My mom told me about it.   I got South beach meals for .79 cents and lean cuisine meals for .99 cents.  I also found Kashi's go lean crunch for .50 a box (4.3 oz...about 2.5 1 cup servings)  I stayed away from the meats and dairy because I just wasn't comfortable with it.  Also, you MUST check everything for the expiration date.  I found things that were outdated from last October. For those of us in the exton area....there is also a place called Swains Pantry in Marchwood shopping center that is the same kind of deal as Amelia's.  HG
jjs1981
on 6/25/08 9:45 am - PHILADELPHIA, PA
I work at the airport and work out at the Planet Fitness in Aston so I'll be checking out the Woodlyn store very soon. I eat Lean Cuisine almost everyday for lunch and eat a Special K protein bar for a snack. They can be expensive when not on sale. Hopefully I can find some there cheap. Thanks for the info!

Consult           Day of Surgery          Currently        Goal
 282lbs                270lbs                     168lbs          165lbs?
2/7/2007          12/7/2007                  10/18/2008

DebiMcK23
on 6/26/08 5:19 am - Aston, PA
There are quite a few of us who work out on Planet Fitness in Aston...  maybe we will see you there.

303/197/153

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views