Amelia's Grocery Outlet - AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/08 10:55 pm - Eastern, PA
Hey PA Buddies! I just wanted to share with you a WLS shopping secret that Mary and I are coming to love more and more every week : Amelia's Grocery Outlet! http://www.ameliasgroceryoutlet.com/locations.html This place sells all kinds of food cheap, and there are some great deals for WLS lifers such as ourselves. For example, last night I picked up South Beach Diet frozen entrees for 79 cents a piece! They're normally about $2.50 in the store. Needles to say, I bought enough for two weeks worth of lunches for less than the cost of one "lunch out" with friends. These meals typically have fairly low calories, high proteins, and low sugar counts. Good stuff. Mary bought approximately 17 million South Beach Breakfast Wraps (also a good protein source, low calorie, "easy" meal), at79 cents a piece. Our freezer is ready to explode. Also grabbed some PowerBar Protein Plus, Reduced Sugar Bars for 50 cents a piece. They're 260 calories, and 22 grams of protein, so they're not a great "everyday" protein source, but I keep some in my desk for when I get a bad case of sweet tooth. If I'm going to hog out on chocolate, I might as well get some protein too. We've also picked up South Beach Diet Protein Bars 3/$1. They're normally $1.25 in the grocery store. They sell all kinds of stuff there, and it's all ridiculously cheap. Just make sure you check the dates, because they do sell some newly out of date, and near expiration stuff there. I haven't purchased anything there yet that wasn't completely edible and satisfactory. If you get a chance, check it out. We spent 43 bucks last night, and literally got enough food for 20-30 individual meals, if not more.
Pam Hart
on 6/24/08 11:17 pm - Easton, PA
Sounds like a great place.  Now we need one in Jersey.  I just might have to figure out which one is closest to me and make a trip there one day when I'll be in the area anyway (otherwise all the savings would go into my gas tank!) Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/08 3:07 am
there is one close to my house....you can hit it while you are here if you want to! HG
Pam Hart
on 6/25/08 7:27 am - Easton, PA
Hmmm....that might be an idea.  Which one is close to your house?  I would assume they are closed on the 4th...but perhaps I could get up there before I go to your house on the third.  do you have freezer space available in case I buy anything that needs to be frozen? Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/08 7:44 am
I don't have a lot of freezer space, but my mom has a big freezer in her basement...so we could put stuff in there.  I will chekc with her to make sure there is room.  The one near me is in Royersford. HG
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/08 4:31 am
Hey Pam!!  Talked to my mom...she has plenty of room in the extra freezer to keep some stuff for you....So, go wild at Amelia's (just remember to bring a cooler so you can cart it all home with you safely) HG
Pam Hart
on 6/26/08 4:58 am - Easton, PA
Thanks HG - we'll see how our schedule works out and possibly take a look around.  We'll have the cooler with us for the food we're bringing for the cookout anyway - so that will work out anyway!  I appreciate all you guys are doing for us.... Pam
bubble273
on 6/24/08 11:35 pm - Levittown, PA

Norm,

As soon as I saw your post about Amelia's I hit on it so quick....reason being is that my mother-in-law used to live in Lancaster and she makes monthly trips back up to Lancaster just to go to Amelia's.  That's the Amish grocery store, right??  At least the one in Lancaster is.  She's been wanting to go back up and I'm like, but the price of gas.  But all the stuff you got might be worth both of us taking a trip together and splitting the gas.  Thanks for the info, Norm.  Now I'm excited to take the trip, whereas before I thought it was actually a waste of time.

Karen

Shannon O.
on 6/24/08 11:37 pm - Reading, PA
I think you are thinking of Shady Maple Market... but there are amelia's in that area... but they aren't amish hehehe...

jackie j
on 6/25/08 2:19 am - Glenmoore, PA
Here's the locations....www.ameliasgroceryoutlet.com

We have eleven store locations and one warehouse, all located in southeastern Pennsylvania:

Allentown Store

Coatesville Store

Harrisburg Store

Lancaster Store

Manheim Store

New Holland Store

Pottsville Store

Reading Store

Rohrerstown Store

Royersford Store

Woodlyn Store

New Holland Warehouse & Corporate Office

We also have a Swanns grocery outlet in Exton which is great too.   Grocery outlets are becoming more and more popular.   Like Norm says, jus****ch the expiration dates and use it quick or freeze the stuff immediately.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views