Kingston

Bigchange
on 2/12/19 6:21 pm
  • Hello to all!
  • I am new here. I am planning to ask my doctor for a referral next week. I started this journey about 4 years ago, however stopped just before I was scheduled for surgery. Life got busy and we were buying a new house, so the timing just wasn't right. I was suppose to go through the Humber hospital site for the surgery at that time, but now understand that Kingston is doing surgery. Is that correct and can anyone speak to the timeline for surgery in Kingston?
  • Happy to meet everyone and start this journey again! I'm tired of being tired!!
lexxiblue
on 2/13/19 9:56 am
RNY on 01/11/12
Tuktu
on 2/13/19 1:18 pm
RNY on 03/07/17

Welcome to the forum! This is a great forum for support and resource for a wealth of information.

Kingston is performing RNY surgeries now - I believe they started doing surgery in October 2017 there in Kingston. I went through the process at the Kingston Bariatic Centre at Hotel Dieu but I had surgery March 2017 in Toronto at Michael Garron hospital. The usual process time is approx 1 year but depends on alot of factors e.g. test results. Best of luck and I hope you get through quickly

KatieCJ
on 2/17/19 4:31 pm

Hi!

I had my surgery at HDH in Kingston a year ago. They are also doing the surgery at KGH.

There are still patients from the HDH clinic that have surgery in Toronto.

• Surgery (RNY): February 27th 2018. HW: 350lbs SW: 318lbs CW: 141lbs
Most Active