marsbar
on 1/3/19 8:54 pm - scarborough Ontario, Canada
RNY on 03/15/19

I'm new here and have been reading the board for a while so I thought I would register and introduce myself. My name is Marlene and I'm 47 and I've already received a referral from my doctor about 4 years ago. Well I finally got through last year around June only to realize that I was put through the medical bariatric program and not the surgical program through Toronto Western Hospital. Anyway I went through the orientation and had already started my classes before meeting with the doctor. When meeting with Dr. Glazer in August he transferred me over to the surgical program . I had the surgical orientation back in October and now I'm just waiting for the next phase . I've done my blood work and met with Dr. Hagen who has explained everything to me and approved me for the RNY surgery I've also already done my sleep test so hopefully I'll be hearing something soon . I've been reading a lot of post and seeing how everyone's journey is going and I know that I'll get a lot of support from the site so just want to say thanks in advance.

jayjen789
on 1/4/19 6:19 am - Greater Toronto Area, , Canada
RNY on 12/12/18

Welcome! You will definitely find lots of useful information here!

Mellywog
on 1/4/19 7:01 am
RNY on 06/17/19

Hello Marlene and welcome! This is a great site with so many helpful people.

I completed my orientation at Humber in November so we are not that far apart.

wrkinprogress
on 1/4/19 12:19 pm

Welcome to the group!

Yes keep checking in here,,,,,,, the veterans are great at giving advice and making the whole process smoother. Plus its just fun to see where people are in their own journey and cheer them on as well.

SweetRide1
on 1/4/19 5:57 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

Welcome to the group. Lots of great people and lots of support. We'll be here for you. :)

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Most Active