Staying at a hotel post surgery | How to pass the time?

VioletFemme
on 12/5/18 8:31 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I will be in the middle of a move during my surgery. I don't want to deal with move stuff and I just want to fart (and heal) in peace! Food wise, I plan on packing some premier protein, a bottle or two of Powerade Zero (just realized it doesn't have aspartame), my water bottle, and tea bags. Anything else?

Also, when you were guys were recovering, what did you do to pass the time? I'm sure the first few days I'll be lazy and lounge (except for my required walking), but I have a whole month off work. I've never had so much free time since I was a child! Any book recommendations? Series to binge on Netflix?

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

SweetRide1
on 12/6/18 5:38 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

I went back to work after 3 weeks.

The first while I did short walks, watched TV and spent a ton of time just working at getting all my meds, vitamins and fluids in - along with the protein shakes.

I had visitors that helped pass the time. I did some cooking and meal prep for later stages. I read. I went to a couple of movies.

By week 2 I was taking my dogs for walks in the conservation area. I hung out at Indigo, went shopping, went to a support group meeting.

I tried to keep busy, and active while still taking the time to rest.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Most Active