What are you eating/doing this Monday?

crqvingchange
on 11/19/18 3:37 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. This morning I'm going swimming, then errands and calls, and this afternoon I get my boobs squashed. Yup mammogram time. It's important so get 'er done.

Accountability: Really good.

Question of the Day: Do you go into panic mode when the holidays are approaching? Do you try to create the perfect Norman Rockwell picture? Or do you just wing it and hope for the best? This year will be the first Christmas I will spend with Dad in over 20 years. I am starting to be in panic mode because I know that we won't have a lot more of these together and I want it special for him. My husband will join us over the Christmas to New Year Week. Every turkey I have ever made is an abysmal failure. My DH and I have our own Christmas tradition where we stay in our PJ's all day, eat appetizers throughout the day, stagger the gift opening, and watch movies like Sean of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Usually we have a cozy fire. That won't be the case this year.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. A few cups of herbal tea. Thought I'd switch it up. They are Christmas teas so we will see how that works.

B2. After swimming, 2 oz of grilled maple BBQ salmon (leftover) with half of an avocado, poached egg and a dollop of Hollandaise.

S. Turmeric Latte (store bought) Tying to see if it will help my leg.

L. Spring mix salad with toasted pecans, Brie, blueberries, WF Honey/Dijon dressing

D. Spicy sausage stuffed mini peppers baked in Marinara with melted mozzarella on top.

All water and vitamins.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 11/19/18 8:56 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I'm here just under the wire... I drove to the car service place this morning (30 minutes away because of our warranty package) only to find out they were totally booked for the day even though they don't take appointments for oil changes... So the little nugget and I went shopping at Value Village -- 50% off today.

QOTD: I like our quiet family Christmas in the morning but I don't love large family gatherings... They get so stressful and people get testy with each other. We are having a brunch open house Christmas morning -- people can stop in when they want to because half of them don't do preplanning. We don't hold up waiting for them though, so hungry people (like me) don't have to wait lol. And especially as nugget gets older, won't have to wait forever to open gifts. Giftswise I'm trying to pare it down this year... My siblings have agreed to stop exchanging gifts. I would rather spend time with them.

Post-op three years and eight months.

Breakfast 1 - crackers and PB

Breakfast 2 - protein bar

Snack - terrible decision we won't discuss today... Let's just say that health food stores don't mean bariatric friendly snacks.

Lunch - boiled egg and something... Maybe pickles

Snack - Greek yogurt, pepperette

Dinner - this is when I realize I didn't plan anything so I will have to go defrost something

Snack - putting

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 11/19/18 11:42 am

Hope you and the Little Nugget got yourselves somethin' purdy at VV.

Meg your dinner made me laugh. I realize when I post my menu that I need to take something out of the freezer as well.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active