What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 11/13/18 3:52 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. I am so done with winter and it hasn't really started. I know this would be considered warm in January.

Today I am going swimming, and then taking the car in to get some more work done it, then heading home because a workman is coming to the house. They just called last night at 8:00 to let me know they were coming today.

Accountability: Not bad, but it could have been better. Way too many calories in my drinks yesterday.

Question of the Day: What is your favourite, quick and easy-peasy snack to take with you in your purse or car? If I'm not feeling lazy (doesn't happen that often) I will make protein balls, next up would be protein bars (they have a new grass fed beef meat bar with just some healthy ingredients), almonds or walnuts, a Babybel cheese.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf

L. Breakfast for lunch, scrambled eggs with 2 slices of bacon, leftover grilled asparagus. My cat has developed a fondness for bacon. I may have given him a little to try. He now cries for it when he smells the bacon. The cat we lost this past spring had a fondness for martini olives. I'm convinced he was one of the Rat Pack in a former life.

D. Duck Leg Confit. I roasted it low and slow for 6 hours until the inside is melt in your mouth tender and the skin is nice and crispy. I will eat half of the leg with a side salad of spring mix, toasted pecans, triple cream Brie and a few slices of pear.

S. Maybe a protein latte before bed.

All water and vitamins.

Have a great day everyone

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 11/13/18 6:03 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I'm taking the puppies to the groomers this morning to get cleaned up for winter. I find trimming the fur on the bottom of their paws helps them with not slipping on the wet or icy stairs outside. Especially important as they have both had leg/knee injuries. This is a new groomer that came highly recommended. Our previous groomer had been doing a great job and then suddenly last time was horrible. This one is also waaaay closer. Like a two minute drive instead of 15+ minutes. So that is super convenient, especially for lugging around the little nugget. Talking about cuteness yesterday... The little nugget has discovered herself in mirrors -- or at least the baby in the mirror. My current entertainment is watching her watch herself in the mirror.

QOTD: my current go to snack is protein bars... Especially since I can keep a box in my bedside table. If I had a cooler I love the turkey pepperettes and cheese sticks from Costco.

Post-op three years and eight months.

Breakfast 1 - protein bar

Breakfast 2 - oatmeal bites (I should try making a batch of these with some protein powder added in)

Snack - yogurt and banana

Lunch - leftover stroganoff that DH made -- it has ground beef, Greek yogurt, mushrooms, and onions.

Snack - pepperette and cheese

Dinner - tbd

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 11/13/18 7:06 am

You have to take a video of her watching herself in the mirror. She is sooooooo adorable.

Oatmeal bites with protein powder would be good. Have you tried making protein powder mug cakes? Someone on this thread used to make pancakes with protein powder, 1 egg and a banana. I think she used to eat them with SF jam or peanut butter.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 11/13/18 7:55 am - Canada

It was so cute, she started reaching out and bumping the mirror and she couldn't see so she would start fussing until I fixed it. I will try to get it on camera next time ;)

I've done the mug cakes and the ricotta pancakes from eggface but I haven't tried the banana ones yet. I always forget those are an option :)

Mellywog
on 11/13/18 7:46 am
RNY on 06/17/19

Good morning!!

QOTD - Atkins protein bar (coconut and almond flavor)

Pre Surgery

B-Atkins protein bar (coconut and almond flavor)

S- Banana

L- toasted BLT

D- Chicken thighs, broccoli and 1/2 baked potato

S - Still didn't try the protein shake, maybe tonight lol

crqvingchange
on 11/13/18 8:29 am

My husband likes those Atkins Almond Coconut Bars. He will eat them as a meal replacement.

Most Active